A go-to destination for PhD aspirants!
Why Study in USA?
Let’s Look at the Numbers!
- As per the latest QS World University Rankings 2018:
- 31 US universities are in the Top 100 list
- 27 more US universities between Top 100 and Top 300 list
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- California Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Purdue Universi
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Texas, Austin
- University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
- Ohio State University
- University of Pennsylvania
Specific Reasons to Study in USA
|Outstanding curriculum||Cutting Edge Innovation & Research||Affordable Education||Extensive International Exposure||Strong Employment Prospects|
|Renowned Curriculum||Scientific & Creative Innovation||Full Funding option||Diverse Class||Job options (Academia or industry)|
|Globally reputed faculty||Research Opportunities & Exposure||Numerous financial aid options||Cross-cultural exposure||Excellent post doctoral projects|
Popular Fields of PhD Study
- Biological Sciences
Program Duration & Cost of Education
|Duration||Cost of Education (Tuition Plus Living)|
|Three to five years of study||Mostly Living Costs since financial aid/full funding is mostly available (based on merit) Financial aid in the form of graduate assistantships, teaching assistantships, research assistantships, fellowships & tuition waivers|
After the completion of the degree, you can opt for Optional Practical Training (OPT) for a minimum of 12 months (or for 36 months, in the case of STEM programs)
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Programs
|Strong Academic Credentials||Standardized Test Scores||Strong Academic Profile|
|Successful master’s degree Students with exceptional profile & undergraduate performance can directly apply for PhD with 16 years of education||Competitive GRE score (GMAT for post-doctoral management programs) Many universities require GRE Subject Test scores as well IELTS/TOEFL||Academic & Research projects, Internships and/or publications|
- Applicants must submit transcripts, application form and fee, a statement of purpose, recommendation letters and a detailed resume.
Intake & Application Deadlines
- Start preparing for applications at least 2 years in advance
- Fall intake is the preferred intake; submitting applications for Spring intake is not recommended.
- Fall Semester deadlines are between November & February
A Sneak Peek into the PhD Application Process
The following documents are required
- College Transcripts
- Detailed Resume
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Some universities additionally ask for a research proposal
- Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
Networking with US universities professors is an integral step before starting the application process.
Student Visa Terms and Provisions
- Students need an F-1 visa to pursue a full-time education in US universities
- Upon receiving the I-20 from the admitted university, a student must apply for a visa
- Students can apply up to 120 days from the program start date