What is ACT?
The ACT is a standardized test that assesses your college readiness and considers your scores during the admissions process. This is one of the aspects of measuring your eligibility to get admission into a college or university. If you are planning to register for the test you can check the official website for ACT registration. The test has five sections including English, Math, Reading, Science, and the optional Writing (essay) section.
Here is what all you need to know about the ACT
- The test is of 2 hrs 55 minutes duration without essay and 3 hrs 35 minutes with essay
- The English section has 75 questions and of 45 minutes
- The Math section has 60 questions and is of 60 minutes
- The Reading section has 40 questions and is of 35 minutes
- The Science section has 40 questions and is of 35 minutes
- The Writing (optional) has 1 question and is of 40 minutes
When Is the ACT?
|ACT Test Dates in India – 2020-2021|
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline|
|11 & 12 September 2020||22 August 2020||4 September 2020|
|9 & 10 October 2020||18 September 2020||2 October 2020|
|16 & 17 April 2021||26 March 2021||9 April 2021|
|11 & 12 June 2021||21 May 2021||4 June 2021|
|16 & 17 July 2021||25 June 2021||9 July 2021|
How Important Is the ACT?
ACT is the metric that colleges and universities use to measure your readiness for studying in college/university. Always remember that ACT is not the only important factor in your college admission, however, what matters the most is your curriculum and grades, therefore getting a competitive score is what matters the most for your college applications.
To know about the differences between ACT and SAT, click here.
Please get in touch with us. Click on Enquire Now tab and fill in the form if you wish to be contacted about ACT preparation courses.