Student Visa Assistance for The UK

Student Visa Assistance for UK

After acquiring admission to an undergraduate programme, a Master’s, Ph.D., or an MBA in the UK, you are just one step away from reaching your destination. All you have to do is get a Student Visa to the United Kingdom.

First, let us see what types of Student visas are there for the UK. The UK government issues 3 types of visas, namely

  • Tier 4 (General) – This visa type is for students who are 16 years and above and have earned an admission from an educational institution from the UK
  • Tier 4 (Child) – Students of the age group 4 to 17 need to apply for this visa if they have got an admission from an educational institution from the UK. They also need a Tier 4 sponsor
  • Short-Term Study Visa – This type of visa is for students who are going to pursue a short-term training or course such as the English language course

Since most of you will be applying for the Tier 4 (General), let us take a closer look at it.


Eligibility for a Tier 4 (General) visa:

  • You must be 16 years or older
  • You must have an offer to enrol in a course at a university in the UK
  • You should be able to speak, read, and write English
  • Have enough money in your bank account to pay for your education and sustenance
  • You are a non-EU citizen


The courses that fall under the umbrella of the Tier 4 (General):

  • Full-time courses that offer a qualification of level 6 or above on the Ofqual Register
  • Part-time courses that offer a qualification of level 7 or above on the Ofqual Register.
  • A degree-level study from an overseas educational institution, equivalent to a higher education course from the UK
  • Full-time courses with a minimum of 15 hours of daytime study per week and equivalent to level 3 on the Ofqual Register
  • English language courses of a minimum level of B2 on the Common European Framework of References for Languages


Postgraduate Doctors and Dentists can pursue foundation programmes and apply for this visa provided:

  • They have a recognised degree in medicine or dentistry from a registered Tier 4 sponsor
  • Completed the final year and one more year of that degree programme in the UK


The process:

  • Once you get an offer from an education institution in the UK, you will get a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from the institution
  • This number is to be entered in the Online Application Form for the Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
  • You need to get your photograph and fingerprints taken at a Visa Application Centre to obtain the Biometric Residence Permit
  • Pay the visa fees of £348 per person and the ‘Healthcare Surcharge’ along with the application.


The documents:

  • Your current valid passport
  • Proof of your financial standing – bank statements, etc.
  • If you are under 18, then parental consent
  • Tuberculosis test results


The timelines:

  • You will be better off applying as early as possible. It is ideal to apply at least 3 months before the commencement of your course
  • The visa decision will be emailed to you in around 3 weeks from the date of your application


Arriving at the UK:

  • If your course is for more than 6 months, then you will be allowed to enter the UK 1 month before the commencement of your course
  • If your course is for 6 months or less, then you will be allowed to enter the UK 1 week before the course start date
  • Your duration of stay will depend on the type of course you have enrolled in.


Things you can do in the UK while living on a Tier 4 (General) visa:

  • Study the course
  • Work jobs depending on the level of your course and kind of sponsor
  • Assume the role of a Student Union Sabbatical Officer
  • Apply to extend your stay
  • May bring family members or dependents


Things you cannot do in the UK while living on a Tier 4 (General) visa:

  • Get public funds – these are allowances and benefits from the UK government for its citizens and people with resident permits
  • Play professional sports or work as a sports coach
  • Study at a local maintained school or an academy

This is an almost comprehensive abridgement of the visa process and requirements and at the same time it is generic. To know what all you qualify for and how to go about the whole process, please contact our Abroad Education Consultants.


How does Manya help?

Our Overseas Education Consultants will help you compile all your documents and conduct mock interviews to get you in shape for the real thing. Their able guidance and apt feedback will help you prepare for the interview day.

So what are you still waiting for? Fetch the number from our website and call us without fail.

Find Your Dream University

If you are planning to study abroad and searching to match your profile with the best suited university, Experts at Manya – The Princeton Review have gathered important information of top Universities from abroad. Surely, this information will help you narrow down your quest for universities.

You can access accurate & authentic information related to rankings, application fees, average tuition fees, cost of living, scholarships, latest updates, and much more from more than 1000+ universities. You may also search for universities by name, country, or courses in common specializations, such as Physics, Finance, Business, Language and Culture, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Computer and IT, Media and Communication Marketing.

Manya – The Princeton Review offers end-to-end study abroad services encompassing admissions consulting services, test preparation, English language training, career assessment, and international internship opportunities to study abroad aspirants.


Planning to study abroad?
Get free 1-on-1 counselling with our experts