GRE Study Guide for Preparation
Every GRE test-taker dreams of a great score and that is quite attainable by means of thorough and consistent preparation. In the case of most computer-based tests, the test-taker is advised to practice on simulated mock tests which will not only have the relevant questions but also give an actual feel of the test. However, there is a slight difference when it comes to a GRE test taker.
The GRE test taker can warm up on the question types by using the printed test-prep materials, reference books and guides. It is important to get a hang of the question types as there are different types of questions at different levels of difficulty, which are quite unfamiliar to several test takers. When you know the questions types as well as answering strategies, you can confidently take on the simulative practice tests on the computer.
We, at Manya-The Princeton Review understand the test-prep requirement for a GRE test taker and hence provide all-inclusive support. With our unmatched support, you will gain access to relevant preparation material, both printed and online (web-based). The reference material includes:
Printed GRE Study Material by Manya-The Princeton Review
1. The Princeton Review Manual for the GRE version 8.0
Published by The Princeton Review
- A complete book on GRE topics that introduces you to the systematic approach and increasing difficulty levels
- Comprises eight lessons each for Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning topics at gradually increasing difficulty levels
- At the end of the course, you can also test your level of preparation with the workshop sections, one each for the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning
2. Supplement to the GRE Manual version 6.0
Published by The Princeton Review
- An additional practice book consisting of 750+ questions that perfectly supplement the concepts learned manually by focusing on the question types.
- Contains individual exercise drills for a single question type as well as mixed drills comprising all question types in both Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning sections.
3. The Official Guide to the GRE General Test 3RD Edition
Created by Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- A one-of-a-kind book created by the ETS team that produces the actual GRE exam.
- Contains the following:
- Official information on the GRE General Test including facts about the test content and structure
- ETS’s own test-taking strategies to help you get your best score
- Authentic GRE questions with answers and explanations
- Two actual, full-length GRE practice tests
- Two simulated, computer-delivered POWERPREP® GRE practice tests
- A set of 200 Flashcards coded with colors and pictures; these flashcards will help you learn and remember words.
Online/Web-Based Material by Manya-The Princeton Review
4. Manya GRE-Vocab Builder (MEMBEAN)
- A web-based app dedicated to the most important aspect of the GRE, the vocabulary. It includes 1400+ GRE words with useful and effective suggestions and learning modes that will not only help you learn the words but also enable you to retain their meanings and usage
- Key Highlights of GRE Vocab Builder
- Learn anywhere and at any time
- 1400+ headwords
- 900+ root words
- 8 engaging ways to learning each word
- 9 question types
- Visual and engaging content
- Comes with a Reinforcement Engine that monitors your learning and will not let you forget words.
5. The Princeton Review GRE Dashboard
- The dashboard is the online prep material provided by Manya-The Princeton Review, which includes tests that simulate the actual test environment and questions. It encompasses the following:
- 180+ hours of online resources
- 24 hours of strategy videos covering all content and test-taking strategies
- 8 full-length section adaptive practice tests which simulate the actual test
- 470+ drills across three difficulty levels, the objective being to begin with simplest and progress to higher difficulty level questions
- 3500+ practice questions
- Interactive score reports for focused test review to identify strong areas and weak areas which will help you design and chart out your study plan for an assiduous preparation. It also comes with answers and explanations for each question.
- Uses DrillSmart technology which enables calibration of the student drills as the difficulty levels of the questions changes as per the performance
Besides the prep materials provided by us, you may also use the materials offered by ETS, such as:
- They are free online
6. GRE Power prep online tests
tests and will help you:
- understand what is being tested
- become familiar with the question types
- learn to use the testing tools like the on-screen calculator
- obtain a hang of taking the test under timed and untimed conditions
- develop a thorough understanding of the scoring process
7. Power Plus Online Tests:
- This comprises
- Two official paid practice tests
- Boasts of maiden appearance of real test questions in practice tests
- Simulates actual test experience with timing
- At the end of the test you will get the scores with correct answers and their explanations
- You also get a final score report containing a performance summary
8. Power Test Preview Tool
- A mini GRE Test that gets you familiar with the GRE features like the question types, the use and usage of the ‘Mark’ and ‘Review’ buttons, and the online calculator
- Consists of one Quant and one Verbal sections with fewer than 20 questions
- A free practice booklet for the paper-based test which gives you the complete guide of the test structure