The SAT exam is a standardized exam used as an entry-level test for students aspiring to get admitted into undergraduate courses abroad, especially in the US. It is also accepted by universities across the globe in the UK, Canada, Singapore, India, and so on. The SAT analyzes the verbal and mathematical reasoning skills of the candidates.
If you’re not convinced by the decision to give the SAT test, below listed are several reasons which explain the importance of undertaking a SAT examination:
Unlike its predecessor, the traditional pencil and paper, which was conducted only five times a year in India, the new SAT is now available seven times a year in India.
So, which SAT test dates will work best for you and your schedule? What essential factors should you consider before creating a SAT study schedule?
Selecting the SAT test date can help you plan your prep and get your college applications in gear. Upcoming SAT exam dates in 2024 for international students, along with the registration deadlines for each test date are listed below.
|SAT Test Date
|Deadline for Registration
Changes, and Regular Cancellation
|Mar 9, 2024
|Feb 24, 2024
|May 4, 2024
|Apr 19, 2024
|June 1, 2024
|May 16, 2023
For up-to-date status on the test dates and available testing centers, please visit the official College Board website.
The dates listed above are for the international student registration deadline, which applies to candidates taking the test in countries other than the United States and U.S. territories.
On the indicated dates, the deadlines for the various tasks are 11:59 p.m.
It is not possible to register for the SATs beyond the deadline. As a result, candidates must successfully complete the registration process before the deadline.
Candidates who apply through an international representative must complete the paper registration and pay the registration fee by the registration deadline.
In the United States, several deadlines fall on January 1 for ordinary decisions and November 1 or 15 for early decisions.
Just one day before the online score release or three to five weeks following the exam, the College Board submits SAT scores to schools for your four free score reports.
Remember, especially in the fall of your senior year, do not register for back-to-back SAT dates. Taking too many SATs leaves you with little time to study, and it won’t help you improve your score on the following test.
Set aside a considerable amount of time to study. The number of hours you spend studying is determined by how many points you want to increase your SAT score. I’ve listed the expected number of study hours needed to enhance your SAT score by the following total points:
Check Your Score Now with a Free Practice Test
See where you stand with our practice tests. Find the right way to improve with our strategy sessions.
The best way to prepare for the SAT is to go through multiple tests as it helps you to learn how to deal with the pressure of tough questions beforehand so that you don’t feel the pressure in the exam.
On the practice tests, it is critical to practice time management. So, stick to the time limit. Learn to use the testing timer effectively instead of getting intimidated by the clock ticking away!
It’s like running a marathon for two hours and fifteen minutes straight on a Sunday morning. Many candidates are unable to maintain constant concentration. Practicing in one sitting may help you concentrate for extended periods of time.
If you don’t make use of your practice, it’s just that: practice. Find out what’s causing the mistakes and where they’re coming from. And make the necessary corrections after completing your SAT Sample paper.
Keep in mind the dates for your college applications and scholarship applications.
If you are time-bound or have any engagements or duties that may prevent you from taking the SAT on a given date, let us know.
To seamlessly register for the SAT exam, the following pointers should be noted by candidates:
The SAT registration window for 2024 is open in February and March. Indian students might benefit from the SAT exam date 2024 mentioned above. Below listed are the steps to sign up for the SAT exam in 2024:
If you register late, reschedule your test center, or cancel your test date then you may have to pay additional fees. Find out how to make changes to your registration. If you aren’t taking the SAT for one of its main objectives, your enrollment options will be limited.
Some of the most effective approaches to preparing for the SAT are listed below. You can look at this:
The ‘College Board India Scholars Program’ is an SAT scholarship program for Indian students. Test takers with an SAT score of above 1300 and a family income below a certain level are eligible for a full SAT exam scholarship to study at some of India’s most prestigious colleges. To be eligible for the SAT exam scholarship, Indian students must meet the following criteria:
- SAT : 1540
- JwalikaMy journey at Manya started when I took the diagnostic test and got a score of 1260. A score improvement of at-least a 100 points was promised and I ended up bettering my score by a massive 280 points! This is due to the wonderful training given by Manya. Teachers who are always ready to help, staff who are always ready to make you feel comfortable, facilities that make you w...
- SAT : 1540
- Valli VikramEnrolling in Princeton review set the right preparation path for me.. From the very beginning, Hemanathan sir and Usha mam knew exactly what my weak points were and helped me improve them. They taught me all the content needed to take the SAT, as well as tips, tricks, and shortcuts to use on exam day. The supplementary Princeton review text books were extremely useful as wel...
- SAT : 1520
- Varsha SenthilFirst and foremost, I'd like to thank you for all the support you've provided me with, Thank you so much to Raji Ma'am, Priya Ma'am, and Siddarth Sir, for all their help with verbal. A huge thank you for all the support they have given me to improve my verbal score. I found the online portal to be extremely useful and the feedback provided after each test (of which there was...
- SAT : 1520
- AnahitaThank you Princeton Review. The coaches were extremely helpful, and their guidance made it possible for me to achieve such a good score. I am immensely grateful for their endless support and dedication. The classes were extremely helpful. I received a lot of meaningful suggestions and advice from the coaches. The material provided was also very useful in preparing for the test...
- SAT : 1460
- Subhrajyoti PradhanIt will be an understatement if I said that Princeton Review is just an institute where I took SAT classes. Really I had never explored the possibility of studying abroad and considered it merely as a dream. However at Princeton Review I saw the possibility of that dream becoming a reality. My teachers not only gave me the very vital tips and tricks that helped me through my S...
- SAT : 1560/1600
- Anuron Chakraborty
- Manya ID: SBR181903E0013The faculty at Manya helped me exceedingly in the reading and verbal section of the SAT, especially in using the process of elimination and taught me time-saving techniques. I remember getting only 1480 in the diagnostic test which eventually increased to 1560 in the actual test, aII thanks to rigorous practice and regular doubt clearing sessions. In Reading, I was particularly...