One-Year MBA Abroad
One-year MBA programs have been mainly popularized by European B-schools and are now being seen as a viable alternative to the two-year MBA such as programs offered in the USA. It is basically an accelerated, full-time MBA program customized for experienced professionals. The one-year format is gaining immense popularity among Indian students.
- Designed for candidates having work experience between 2 and 16 years
- The MBA program enhances leadership skills, develops a greater understanding of the nuances of accounting/finance/human resource management, builds a network, and whets operational and business management capacity in candidates
- Practice-oriented curriculum with a few electives and cross-functional courses, case studies, group discussions and presentations, projects, simulations, and conferences/guest lectures
One-Year MBA vs. Two-Year MBA
|Usually 9-12 months
|Usually 24 months
|75% of the two-year MBA
|25% more than the one-year MBA
|Focus on foundational areas and specialist skills in domains such as finance, accountancy, etc
|Soft and leadership skills
|Provides good vertical growth within an organization; good for candidates interested in entrepreneurship and family business as well
|Ideal for changing careers, horizontal and vertical growth
|Usually not a part of the program
Post-One Year MBA career options: After doing one year MBA abroad course you can either join your previous employer at a better position or search for a higher position (such as CEO, Vice President, GM and Senior Manager) in the same sector but a different company. You may also join the family business or start your own venture.
Check Your Score Now with a Free Practice Test
See where you stand with our practice tests. Find the right way to improve with our strategy sessions.
- Minimum three years of work experience; average experience – 6-13 years; candidates already working in senior managerial roles are preferred
- An undergraduate degree is required; some schools prefer candidates who have good knowledge in quantitative areas or have a bachelor’s degree in business or economics
- GMAT/GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores are required by most schools
- Essays, resume, LoRs, and interview are the other important requirements
Top B-schools Offering 1-year MBA programs
- IMD Switzerland
- University of Cambridge (Judge)
- SDA Bocconi
- IE Business School
- University of Oxford (Said)
- Kellogg School of Management
- Cornell University (Johnson)
To conclude, a full-time one-year MBA is not only a quicker route to leadership success but also brings real value for the investment made.