SOP stands for Statement of purpose which is basically an essay that should include the purpose of applying to a particular course or a university. SOP is a document that is required by all international universities. The statement of purpose you write must justify your intentions behind studying abroad. Statement of purpose is written in paragraph format while following the general rules of essay writing. Candidates must keep in mind that he/she should not use any colorful text or images while writing SOP and it should only be written with black color text.
SOP format for Australia
Following is the basic format that you should follow while writing sop for Australia:
- Academic Journey
- The motivation of the course you have selected
- Relevant Work Experience
- Extracurricular activity or volunteering work
- Reason for Choosing Australia as your study abroad destination
- Reason for choosing a particular Australian University and the contribution you can provide to the university
Guidelines of Writing SOP for Undergraduate Programs
There are several guidelines that a student must follow while writing SOP for Australia:
- Candidates can use the catchy openings to begin their essays
- Your Sop must be short and crisp; moreover, it must hold the reader’s attention
- Candidates can describe or talk about the skill and knowledge of the program you’re applying to
- Remember that you have to use a formal language style while writing your SOP and the font should be professional. Your content should not be flashy
- Candidates are recommended to avoid using many words when praising the university or the faculty of the university they already know why they are the best. Use your words to describe your goals and how these goals are aligned with the goals of the university
- You must write in the required word limit. You should always keep in mind that there would be a number of students who are applying in the same university and for the same course therefore the admission committee does not have time to read beyond the word limits. And if you write less than what is required then it will make the admission committee feel that you don’t have enough to talk about
- Talk about a time when you questioned or challenged any ideas
- Describe situations where you solved a problem by using examples
Don’t Know How to Write a Perfect SOP for Your Higher Studies Abroad?
Connect directly with the experts and prepare SOPs for universities abroad
Tips for Writing a Good Statement of Purpose for Australia
Following are some of the tips you should follow for writing a good SOP for Australia:
- Include the reason behind choosing Australia for pursuing a degree program
- Mention the reason for choosing the specific course
- Describe your short and long-term goals
- Your SOP must be original and unique; it should not be copied from the internet
- Maintain the content flow while writing SOP and write in the proper sequence and order
- Your SOP should engage the reader to read your entire content
Sample Statement of Purpose for Australia
Holding a degree in Business analytics in today’s world will eventually make my skills and knowledge in high demand. The demand for having national and international Business analytics knowledge is now in demand. It will be a great opportunity for me to hold an MS In business analytics degree from the University of Melbourne as it will open up multiple opportunities for me. Pursuing MS in business analytics program from the University of Melbourne will help me in gaining knowledge on sustainable and long term growth in global business.
Australia will be the most equitable destination for me to pursue a master’s in Business Analytics. It is a globally known fact that universities in Australia hold top ranking globally. Being in the 38th place of QS World university ranking 2020 the University of Melbourne will provide me with first class placement opportunities in the most dominating and leading companies and firms. Checking University of Melbourne reviews have made me clear that this university has top notch amenities, excellent faculty flexibility in courses, and most importantly a friendly and welcoming environment for international students. These points are enough to know that the University of Melbourne is an equitable destination for me to do higher education.
University of Melbourne degree holds global recognition. Moreover, it will be a great experience to know and live in different diversities in terms of culture, food, language, and perspectives which will result in improving my overall personality and giving me an opportunity to know about different behavioral patterns of people.
I’ve always observed one thing about myself that I’m always curious about learning new things. I’ve always been a bright and inquisitive student ever since my childhood. I did my schooling at Summer Fields School, New Delhi, India, and achieved good marks in both the 10th and 12th standards. After completing my graduation I did a bachelor’s in Economics from Dyal Singh college which is one of the most reputed universities to pursue a degree in Economics.
*Insert further information about your academics and mention the research work or project work that you’ve done in your college also talk about your extracurricular activities*
After my graduation, I did a 3 months internship in ABC company as a data analyst intern. ABC Company is one of the fastest growing and leading companies in India. My role there as an intern was to help in data mining, data interpretation, and report generation. After my internship the company was impressed by my work and contribution therefore I was hired there after completing my internship as a data analyst. After getting hired the company gradually changed my roles and work there. I was now given a time based and serious task. The roles that I did as a data analyst there included – maintaining and designing data systems, mining data, making reports for executive leadership, collaborating with engineers and programmers, and a lot more. Apart from the work assigned to me I also did volunteer work there.
My graduation degree has helped me in learning a lot about how business is done. Having both a quantitative and analytic approach helped me understand things better. In a time where demand for business analytics is increasing and gaining importance, I believe my knowledge will make me an equitable candidate for pursuing a master’s in business analytics from the University of Melbourne.
Pursuing a master’s in business analytics from the University of Melbourne will definitely help me get basic and complex knowledge in the principles of my field and will eventually provide me with the right skill that will give a boost to my career. It will be a great medium for channelizing my strengths.
I sincerely hope that my profile will get considered and I’ll be given a chance of becoming a part of the university.