Have you bagged an admit in the university of your choice in Canada and can’t wait to get your hands on that Student Visa? If yes, then congratulations!! You have come to the right page. Please peruse the checklist here so that you can make all the necessary preparations. Before you apply for a Canadian Student Visa, keep the following ready:
- The Letter of Acceptance should come from the Canadian university (where you wish to study) with a valid DLI (Designated Learning Institution) number. It should be necessarily on the official letterhead of the University and should include the precise amount of tuition fees you are required to pay. Other than that, the letter should also include the expected dates when the program will start and end, in addition to the last date of registration
- If in case you are applying for Quebec, the MIDI’s (Le ministère de Immigration, de la x et de l’Inclusion), as in a ‘Letter of Approval’ needs to be attached
- You need to submit proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada and living expenses in the form of GIC Canada (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)
The Citizenship and Immigration Documents (CIC) Documents
- Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1294e): An application completed on a computer should be accompanied by a ‘Barcode Page’. Please print and place the ‘Barcode Page’ on top of the application. Kindly validate the details after completing the form
- Family Information (IMM 5654e): This is applicable to all adult applicants (18 years and older) and minor applicants who are traveling alone to Canada
- Use of a Representative (IMM 5476): This form is only necessary if you have an authorised representative
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475): This form is to be touched only if you want to authorise the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to share your information with a third party
- Custodianship Declaration – Custodian for Minors Studying in Canada (IMM 5646): You need to complete this form if you are less than 17 years of age
- You are recommended to keep documentation proof of the submission of tuition fees to support your financial stability
- You need to carry or submit a photocopy of your valid passport; only the page which has your information such as your photo, name, date & place of birth, the passport number, and the dates of issue and expiry of the passport, along with the last page of the passport
- Make sure you have photographs that comply with the specifications for a Visa application photograph. On the back of the photograph, write your name and date of birth. In case, you are requested to provide biometric fingerprints and photo, please do not submit hard copy photos with your application. Alternately, if you are submitting visa file online, you need to upload the passport photograph meeting the photo specifications
- Marriage Certificate: In case you are married, you need to submit a photocopy of your marriage certificate
- Client Information form needs to be submitted for the online visa which should include all your academic documents along with a strong Statement of Purpose
For any additional documents required, please reach out to the concerned visa office in your region and also refer to the specific instructions for a visa for your region.
Now, not everyone is required to submit all the forms. So please read the ‘Instruction Guide’ carefully. Also, you will need to get your documents translated in case they are in a different language other than English or French. Be careful before applying for the Visa and get all the above-mentioned documents ready. Any loophole in terms of the documentation might result in delayed processing of your Visa application.
All the best and set the ball rolling already!!!
What are you waiting for? Please connect with our admissions team at the earliest to initiate this process.