GMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
As per GMAC, the governing body for the GMAT, there are no specific eligibility criteria for appearing for the GMAT. However, before applying to any college or university it is suggested to check what all your college or university demands for.
Age Criteria for the GMAT:
- The candidate must have completed 18 years of age; however, there is no upper age limit of the candidate applying to take the test.
- If you are a student falling between the age group of 13 to 17 years, you should have permission in writing from your parents or from your legal guardian.
Qualification Required for the GMAT:
- The GMAC, the governing body for the GMAT has not announced any official statement regarding the qualification you need to have in order to appear for the test.
- If you are a student planning to enroll for an MBA program, you should have a graduate degree from a recognized university (in any discipline).
Are You Planning to Take GMAT?
Click Here to Book Your Free 1-On-1 Session with Experts
Nationality Required for the GMAT:
- There are no boundaries to the nationality of a candidate. Anyone from any country can apply for the GMAT.
Important factors to note while applying for the GMAT:
- You must have your contact information to share such as legal name and contact details including address, contact number, and e-mail address.
- Your information having background details including gender, ethnicity, your date of birth and your country of citizenship.
- Payment details of your GMAT examination and the government-issued identification, a digital photograph, signature, palm vein pattern.
Step by Step guide on choosing the appointment for the test:
Step 1: Create an Account at www.mba.com
You may create an account by going to https://accounts.gmac.com/Account/Register. Be sure that your name, date of birth, location of citizenship, and gender EXACTLY match with the information on the identification you will present at the test center.
Remember that in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Pakistan the only acceptable document for identification is a valid Passport.
Step 2: Schedule your exam and Find a Test Centre
Once you have created the account, register for the GMAT exam. Schedule your exam and look for test centre(s) near your place. You can select up to three test centers to compare availability and then choose your appointment preference. There are two available preferences – Appointments on or around a particular date and the next available appointment. After selecting date and time, complete the order.
Note that you can book a test date only six months before the test date. It is advisable to book early if you want to take the test during the peak season.
Step 3: Confirm Exam Details
Confirm personal information like name, date of birth, and citizenship. It must exactly match your identification (not expired).
Step 4: Pay for your Exam
Agree to policies and make payment in order to complete the registration. In India, credit card is the only mode of payment. That’s it! You are done!
You’ll get an email confirming your GMAT registration, and you can also see the confirmation in your MBA account.