The GMAC has made it much simpler for the GMAT aspirants to book the GMAT exam date as per their convenience. Unlike other entrance tests, the dates of the GMAT exam are quite flexible. It can be taken throughout the year. You may book a test date even 24 hours before the scheduled time. Test dates are available on all days, except Sundays and a few public holidays. It can be taken five times in a year and can be re-attempted after 16 calendar days. However, the total number of attempts for the GMAT in a lifetime is eight. Before you register for the GMAT, you need to check the availability of seats at the preferred test center. The GMAT is conducted at 39 test centers spread across 34 cities in India. Find the nearest test center at https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat/before-the-exam/register-for-the-gmat-exam/find-a-test-center
Even though test dates are, generally, easily available, it is important that while booking the test you must keep two things in your mind.
- University Deadlines — Keep your university deadlines in mind while booking the GMAT test date because these scores need to reach your preferred B-school before or by the application deadline. Hence, while deciding your test date, please be mindful of the time frame and leave enough window for the process to be completed before the deadlines. Ideally, you must take the GMAT at least 5 to 6 months before the deadlines so that there is ample time for writing essays and resumes, and arranging LORs (Letter of Recommendations). These take a significant amount of time; at least a month
- Preparation – Test preparation plays a critical role. There is no point in booking a test date if you are not fully prepared. The objective of taking the GMAT is to secure the score which can get you admission to the B-school of your choice. If you are not fully prepared and do not get the desired score on the GMAT, you will have to retake the test, which will be sheer wastage of time and money. So, prepare yourself well for the test.
As per GMAC, the governing body for the GMAT, there are no specific GMAT exam eligibility criteria. However, before applying to any college or university it is suggested to check what all your college or university demands. Know more details about the eligibility criteria for GMAT.
How to Register for the Exam
You can register a maximum of 6 months in advance. You can schedule the exam in any of the following three ways:
- Online: Create your account on mba.com to register and finish the registration process. (Note: This is the most popular way of registration.)
- Phone: Make a call to the GMAT Customer Service for your region (Note: You may be charged an additional service fee of US$10)
- Postal mail: Fill out and send in the GMAT Appointment Scheduling Form. Please ensure that your details & documents reach at least 10 days before your preferred test date
Planning Test Date
- Plan for the GMAT well in advance keeping in mind your target score on the GMAT and admission deadlines. This will help you choose the right date for the test and will also help you avoid unnecessary rescheduling of the test date later.
- There should be enough time between your test-taking date and the deadlines for various B-schools you intend to apply. You may have to retake the test to improve your scores on the GMAT. Keep enough windows for that too.
- Make sure you take a couple of mock tests before you book the test date. Your scores in the mock tests will help you in deciding the time it will take you to reach your dream score.
Registering for the GMAT
- You may register for the GMAT 6 months to 24 hours before the preferred test date. It is advisable to take the test date as early as possible in order to get the test date and time of your choice.
- If you want to take the test on a specific day and no time slot is available, keep an eye and check the registration page on mba.com regularly. If you are lucky, you may find an available slot after waiting for a few days. This happens when some test-taker reschedules or cancels the exam.
- Make sure your name mentioned at the time of registration matches with your name mentioned in your proof of identity.
- Please ensure that the GMAT test date & test center you have mentioned while registration is correct.
- Pay for your exam by credit card or debit card, check, or money order. Only credit cards are accepted in India for registration purposes.
- Make sure your passport is valid and is not going to expire soon. Entry to the exam center will not be allowed if the passport is not valid.
- Generally, several time slots are available in a day for taking an exam at the test center. You will find both morning and afternoon slots (if all seats in a particular slot are not taken). Pick a slot according to your comfort. See if you are a morning person or an afternoon person. You would not like to take the test when you feel most sleepy. Also, it is advisable to take at least 4 to 5 mock tests in the same time slot before your actual exam so that you get a hang of taking the test during that time slot. Conditioning of the mind is important.
Rescheduling and Canceling the GMAT
You may reschedule or cancel the exam and even change the test center within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment time by paying a fee. Visit mba.com for checking the latest fee. Select your country to know the pricing regulations. The rescheduling fee or refund in case of cancellation of the test depends on the number of days left before the appointed test date.
Remember that you must have more than 24 hours in order to do so. Otherwise, your entire fee will be forfeited and you will have to pay the full fee in case of rescheduling the test date.
- Test dates are available throughout the year. But, you need to plan the GMAT in advance to get the desired score. Plan your GMAT at least 5 to 6 months before the admission deadlines.
- Look for test centers in or near your area well in advance. There are several test centers available in the metro and other cities. Consider distance, location, and reviews of the test center. The quality of the test center matters a lot.
- Go through the registration instructions on mba.com cautiously before or while preparing for the GMAT to ensure that you understand the integrities of the GMAT and other registration guidelines. You would not like to surprise yourself with new information at the last moment. For example, you should have a valid passport at the time of taking the test. If you take an expired passport to the test center, your entry will be prohibited.
- Research on preferred B-schools before you start prepping up for the GMAT is indispensable. Check the GMAT score eligibility for each school in order to plan your GMAT preparation. Higher GMAT target score implies more time for the preparation.
- Take a couple of mock tests to know where you stand and how much preparation time is needed. This will aid you in deciding the test date.
- Check special scheduling instructions if you have a disability and require any testing accommodations.
Check Your Score Now with a Free Practice Test
See where you stand with our practice tests. Find the right way to improve with our strategy sessions.
How to Choose a GMAT Exam Date?
Before deciding on GMAT dates, the candidate should consider the following factors.
• When should you apply to business school and when is the deadline?
• It is essential to start planning at least 10 months in advance.
• Make a GMAT exam appointment at least 6 months before the deadline.
• Only then the candidate will have the option of retaking the GMAT at a later date.
How to Book a Slot in GMAT?
To choose a GMAT exam date, you must first determine whether the GMAT test dates are available. To do so, follow the instructions below:-
• Click on the Find Test Dates page on the GMAT official website.
• You’ll be taken to a page.
• Enter the code and press the submit button.
• The next step is to select a test center.
• Enter the country of your choice. If you enter India, you will be presented with a list of all possible test centers in India. You have the option of selecting up to three GMAT test centers based on your preferences. Following your selection of three test centers, a calendar will show on the screen, from which you must select a GMAT test dates.
GMAT Exam Dates 2022 India – Center-Wise GMAT Exam Dates
|Pearson Professional Centers-New Delhi,||302/305, Ashoka Estate
24, Barakhamba Road
Fire Brigade Lane
|Apr: 13, 14,20,21,25,27,28
|Pearson Professional Centers-Noida||Ground floor, 1A/1,
Uttar Pradesh 201301
|Pearson Professional Centers-Gurugram HAR||Second floor, Unit No. 214, Times Tower
M G Road, Gurgaon
|Pearson Professional Centers-Ahmedabad GUJ||301, 3rd Floor, Block A, WESTGATE
Near YMCA Club, S.G.Road, Ahmedabad
|Vadodara Institute Of Engineering||Building No 7, Room no 7113, 1st Floor
Vadodara-Halol Toll Road, At. Kotambi
|Kathmandu College of Management||Gwarko
(P.O. Box 11154) Kathmandu
|Unisoft Technologies||2nd Floor, Parnanda Building,
Above Anand Bhandar And Khadims
West High Court Road, Dharampeth
|ITM University||ITM University ,Uparwara
May: 7, 14
|Pearson Professional Centers-Surat GUJ||703, 7th Floor, Swastik House
Nandi Park Society, Piplod, Surat
|AURO University||Earthspace , Hazira Road
Opp ONGC ,
Next to Toyota, Bhatpore
|Infinity Academy||2nd Floor,Amravati Complex,Circular Road
(Beside B.I.T. Ext. Center)
|Pearson Professional Centers-Mumbai||Building No.9, 1st Floor
Solitaire Corporate Park,167 Andheri
J B Nagar Link Rd,Chakala,Andheri(East)
|Pearson Professional Centers-Pune MAH||517, Fifth Floor, Tower 2
World Trade Center, Kharadi, Pune
Symphony ‘C’, Ashok Nagar,
Range Hills Rd,Off PuneUniversity Rd
|Sakar Edutech Pvt. Ltd.||602/603 , 6th Floor,
Arcade Mall , C – Scheme
Malviya Marg, Opposite Airtel Office,
|BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus||Vidya Vihar Campus
|Ansal University||Golf Course Road,
Sector – 55
|Pearson Professional Centers-Chandigarh PUN||A-401, 4th floor, Elante Offices Block
Industrial Area, Phase 1, Chandigarh
|Lakshmi Narain College of Technology Excellence||Kalchuri Nagar,
Madhya Pradesh 462021
|Lord Krishna College of Technology||Rau-Pithampur By-Pass
near IIM indore
Near LNCT World School Indore
Madhya Pradesh 453331
|Pearson Professional Centers-Jalandhar PUN||3rd Floor, Unit-8, Eminent Mall Complex
Guru Nanak Mission Chowk, Lajpat Nagar
|Pearson Professional Centers-Amritsar 2 PUN||Unit 303 and 304, 3rd Floor
|Pearson Professional Centers-Amritsar PUN||No.2 Upper Ground Floor, SRK Mall
Passport office building, 14 Mall Road
Retake for GMAT Exam
Candidates who wish to retake the GMAT exam because they are dissatisfied with their results can register for a retake. Candidates can give the exam after 16 days from the previous exam date. However, a candidate is only allowed to retake the exam once every year, or once every 12 months.
Candidates must follow the processes outlined below to retake the exam:
- Go to the GMAT’s official website.
- Select Find Test Date from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Retake GMAT Exam link on the right-hand side.
- Candidates must fill out the application.
Want to Know How Much Prepared You Are?
Take a Quiz Now!
Registration of Test Taker with Disabilities
Candidates who fall into this category will be eligible for the following advantages:
- They will be granted more time to finish the test.
- If necessary, they may be given more rest and breaks.
- In the event of an emergency, medical service will be available in the testing room.
- Candidates who are unable to read the questions will be assisted by a scribe.
The following rules and regulations apply to such candidates:
- A recorder to keep track of the applicants’ responses.
- A bigger computer monitor will be given if there are any challenges with visibility.
- An interpreter for sign language
Steps for registration of test taker with disabilities:
- Complete the GMAT Accommodation Request Form.
- Fill out the authorization to share health information form.
- Include any supporting documentation that indicates the percentage of disability.
How to Select your GMAT Exam Date?
It is recommended to select the GMAT exam date 2022 by keeping the following points in mind:
- Know the deadlines
- Create a rough estimate of your preparation time
- Plan and save time for retakes
- Availability of test centers
Three Basic Steps to Select and Schedule Your GMAT Exam Dates 2022
- Create an account on the official GMAT website
- Select your preferred location
- Choose the date and schedule the exam
GMAT Test Takers in India
In India, approximately 30,000 students take the GMAT exam. GMAT is taken by over 200,000 students worldwide. Indian test takers have an average GMAT score of 583.
GMAT Exam: Choosing the Correct Exam Date
Choosing the correct exam date can be a challenging task because the choice is entirely up to the individual. However, one thing to bear in mind while selecting the GMAT 2022 exam date is to consider the process backward, starting from the end. The application deadline for the university of choice should be the first step in this reverse thinking.
The candidate should book the exam date at least 6 months prior to the application deadline. This will provide the candidate with all of the time they may need to finish the process.
GMAT Exam: Test Centers
There are a total of 39 centers across India from which you can choose. You can go to the official GMAT website to figure out which test center is appropriate for you.
GMAT Exam Date: Pointers to Keep in Mind
- Make sure you start the registration procedure far ahead of time to secure your preferred date.
- Before making your ultimate decision, think about the institute you want to attend and their deadlines.
- During the registration procedure, double-check that you have all of the necessary information and data.