What is the UG Program?
Pursuing undergraduate studies abroad is a highly popular option among Indian students. Mentioned below are some motivational reasons for pursuing an international UG degree.
- Acquire both academic and life skills by studying amidst diversity
- Experience a diverse choice of subject combination, flexible curriculum, state-of-the-art infrastructure and world-class faculties
- Gain access to the extensive, international and nurturing peer group
- Significant internships and relevant research experience enables students with an international degree stand a better chance to demand higher salaries post college
- The liberal US college system supports alternate educational choices such as excellence in Olympiads over regular schooling
- Chances of moving permanently to the study destination (PR)
- Higher cut off in Indian colleges, limits chances in premier local institutions (IHRD report, 2015- 13mn high school graduates in India per year-a no. that impacts the demand supply equation negatively)
- Academic freedom of not choosing a major until the end of 2nd year and broadened horizons as a result
- Development of practical skills such as communication and problem-solving as well as application of these
Popular/Trending Undergraduate Courses
- Business and Management
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- International Relations
- Social Sciences
Check Your Score Now with a Free Practice Test
See where you stand with our practice tests. Find the right way to improve with our strategy sessions.
Best Study Destinations for Pursuing Under graduation
- New Zealand
Eligibility Criteria of Undergraduate Courses Abroad/UG Admissions Criteria
In order to apply for a UG program abroad, a well-rounded profile is required to stand out in the competitive pool through a unique and diverse identity. An applicant’s profile must be built around the following:
- Program specific activities and contributions
- Human strengths (empathy, inclusion, gratitude, tolerance, compassion)
- Honors and distinctions (academic activities, national/international Olympiads)
- Extra-curricular activities (demonstrating intellectual depth, out-of-the-box thinking, leadership and performance rather than mere participation)
Academic Requirements for Study Abroad for Indian students after 12th
- Consistent academic scores from Grade 9 to 11, 12th mid-year and predicted grade. Some of the applications/acceptances are done on the basis of the 10th score and 12th predicted grades.
- Usually 12 years of education are required to apply to undergraduate programs. However, Germany requires 13 years of education – i.e. clearing the 12th grade plus meeting one of the following requirements:
1. Clear JEE Advanced
2. One year of bachelor degree education from a recognised educational institute in India
3. Clear the Feststellungsprüfung to study the preparatory course in Germany before moving to the university.
Standardised Test Score Requirements
- Most universities in the US require the SAT/ACT scores. Some top schools would additionally need Subject SAT scores for Admission
- English language assessment is required by almost all foreign Institutions. So IELTS or TOEFL or PTE scores are submitted by students as per the university requirements
- Students can also take AP tests based on their interests to add value to their academic profile
Personal Narrative Documents (essays, SOPs, LORs, Resume)
- The essays/personal statements form the most integral component of the UG application
- The anecdotal approach should be used to create winning and compelling essays
- To effectively answer every essay question, the Question behind the Question’ strategy must be adopted which has demonstrated success in admit in top 50 universities
- The SMEA methodology (Story, Maturity, Evidence, Articulateness and Skills) must be used as the essay writing approach
Most undergraduate students plan to gather some work experience in their chosen field before moving on for their Masters. Bachelor’s students usually take up entry-level positions in their field of studies such as Engineering, Computer Science and Business.
Are you planning to pursue Undergrad from abroad?
Click Here to Book Your Free 1-On-1 Session with Experts