What is the UG program?
Pursuing undergraduate studies abroad is becoming increasingly popular among Indian students. The diverse choice of subject combination, flexible curriculum, state of the art infrastructure and world-class faculties are the primary reasons for students deciding to go abroad for their Bachelor’s program.
Popular/Trending Undergraduate Courses
- Engineering Courses – Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, etc
- Computer Science
- Biological Sciences
- Business Courses
- Social Science like Economics, Sociology, Psychology, etc.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry
Planning to Study Abroad?
Click Here to Book Your Free 1-On-1 Session with Experts
Best Places for Pursuing Undergrad
The U.S.A. is the most sought-after destination for undergraduate studies among international students. It is closely followed by Canada, the UK, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand.
Eligibility Criteria of Undergraduate Courses
In order to apply for a UG program abroad, the following requirements must be met:
- Strong Academic Background: Usually a consistent academic score in 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th standard is preferred for admission. Some of the applications and acceptances are done on the basis of the 10th score and the predicted grades of the 12th
- German Universities would require the students with 13th-year education (one year after 12th grade). So either the student completes the 1st year of college education in India before making the undergraduate application to Germany or a student can study the pathway course in Germany and clear the FS (qualifying exam) before getting into the University.
- Most Universities in the US require the SAT scores. Some top schools would additionally need Subject SAT scores for Admission
- English language assessment is required by almost all Foreign Institutions. So IELTS or TOEFL or PTE scores are taken by students as per the University requirements.
- Extra-curricular Activities: These attributes make the profile unique and stand out when universities are getting similar kinds of profile across the world in thousands. The student needs to project a well-rounded personality in front of the Admission Committee. So one should plan and focus their extra-curricular in a few core areas. The idea is to demonstrate intellectual depth, Out of the Box thinking, Leadership and performance rather than only participation.
Most students plan to gather some work experience in their chosen field before moving on for their Masters. Otherwise, Bachelors’s students take up entry-level positions in their field of studies such as Engineering, Computer Science, and Business.