Why Study in UK?
Let’s Look at the Numbers!
- As per the latest QS World University Rankings 2018:
- 4 universities are in the Top 10 list
- 16 universities are in the Top 100 list
- Nearly 5% of the world’s scientific research and 14% of the world’s most frequently cited papers are from students studying in UK universities each year.
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- London Business School
- London School of Economics
- Imperial College London
- University College London
Powerful Reasons to Study in UK
|Internationally Reputed Education||Proximity to other countries||Multi-cultural Exposure||Strong Employment Prospects|
|Oxford, Cambridge, LBS||Closer to other European nations||Diverse Class||Extensive Job Opportunities|
|Programs of shorter duration than US||Less travel time between countries||Cross-cultural exposure||Strong & Robust Economy|
Most international students pursuing a full-time bachelor’s degree (for a period of over six months) can work in the UK for not more than 20 hours a week, except during any vacations or in the case of an agreed work placement or internship.
Popular Fields of Undergrad Study
- Business Studies
- Music & Performing Arts
Program Duration & Cost of Education
|Duration||Cost of Education (Tuition Plus Living)|
|Three to five years
Medicine, Veterinary Sciences and Dentistry are for five years
|British Pound 32000-50000 per annum|
Eligibility Criteria for Undergrad Programs
|Strong Academic Credentials||Standardized Test Scores||Strong Extra Curriculars|
|Equivalent of A level or high school leaving certificate
Should be 18 years before joining the course
Students should apply via the Universities & Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) website
|SAT is not required
IELTS (SELT approved)
Min IELTS Score: 6-7
|State/National/International Level participation
Declamations, Model United Nations, Olympiad, and several more
Students not meeting the minimum academic entry requirements have the option of taking a foundation or pathway programme designed to prepare them for undergraduate study in the UK.
Intake & Application Deadlines
- Fall intake is the most preferred intake
- Deadlines are usually around October for Cambridge & Oxford. For the rest of the universities, the first deadlines are in January and the final deadlines are in July.
Student Visa Terms and Provisions
UK student visas are based on a transparent Point Based System (PBS) which requires that students gain at least 40 points before applying for a visa. Here are the important points to be noted regarding the student visa application process:
- The applicant must have received the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for a full-time degree course from the university sponsoring its education.
- Institutions with the power to sponsor visas in this way are said to hold Tier 4 Sponsor
- The intention of leaving the UK after completing the degree must be clearly stated during the visa interview.
A student applying for a UK study visa cannot hold a full-time permanent job. However, after graduating, one can apply for a work permit under INF 13 for employment in the UK.
So why wait? If you are interested in obtaining a bachelor’s degree from one of the most revered study abroad destinations in the world, contact our representative right away!