For several years now, the United States of America (USA) has remained the favourite destination for students who wish to pursue higher studies abroad. No ranking list is complete without the inclusion of the US Ivy league universities among the top 10. The latest QS World University Rankings 2018 has 31 US universities in its top 100 list with 28 more in the list of top 300, the most for any country considered for ranking. Known for its academic excellence, the US universities/colleges offer the widest range of program selection options and hands-on practical experience.
The USA is a conglomerate of 50 independent states and is the fourth largest country in the world, in terms of land mass and size. With such a big land area, the nation follows multiple time zones and is diverse in terms of population, even the climate condition of the US varies between its longitudinal and latitudinal borders. Exploring the nation that encompasses natural beauties like Niagara Falls, the Grand Canyon, and the Rocky Mountains, and man-made wonders like the Golden Gate Bridge and the Statue of Liberty is a dream come true for every visitor. Students enrolling for education in this “Land of Opportunity” are exposed to its deep-rooted history, high-end contributions to the technological and economic world, and inclusive cultural background.
The USA is the most sought after destination for higher studies among international students due to the following reasons:
● Flexible Curriculum: Students get options to choose from a pool of courses depending upon their preferred specializations. The curriculum and course load can be customized as per students’ preferences, thus providing a gamut of program choices leading to the same outcome (Degree Conferred).
● Academic Excellence: Most of the leading universities in the world that offer quality education are located in the USA.
● Research Opportunities: The US offers extensive research facilities including research funding, state of the art research labs, course diversity and interdisciplinary research curricula.
● Technological Advancement: It is one of the most technologically advanced countries and it has incorporated latest research outcomes in each stage of life.
● Funding Options: US colleges and universities offer a wide range of funding and scholarship options. Most of the research programs are fully funded, i.e have generous fellowships, GA, TA and RA positions offered.
● Diversity: Students from all across the globe are drawn to the US. Each classroom offers a mix of students from different countries with diverse cultural backgrounds.
● Post-study work options: Under certain practical training courses of study, a student can remain in the country after course completion. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) accredited courses offer more post-study work options.
● Good Job Prospects: Placement fairs and career services will help students find and pursue good job opportunities from leading organizations.
The country boasts the largest international student population in the world. Nearly 10,00,000 [Comma placement: 10,000,000 or 1,000,000?] students choose this federal republic to live and cherish their American Dream. On the whole, about 5% of the student population in the USA is comprised of international students, and this number is continually growing on a progressive scale.