Why Study in Singapore?
The most evolving destination for Indian undergraduate students. Find out more!
Let’s Look at the Numbers!
- As per the latest QS World University Rankings 2018:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU) & National University of Singapore (NUS) are in the top 15 list
- Singapore is home to six public universities, five polytechnics, two art institutions, and more than 15 private institutions.
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore Institute of Management
- Singapore University of Technology & Design
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- LASALLE College of Arts
Powerful Reasons to Study in Singapore
|High Quality Education||Proximity to India & Safety||Affordable Education||Cultural Advantage||Strong Employment Prospects|
|NUS, NTU, SMU||Well Connected to India & Asia||Cost of Education lesser than US||Large Indian Population||Extensive Job Opportunities|
|Variety of courses & specializations||High Level Safety & Security||Scholarship Options||Cross-cultural exposure||7,000 MNCs|
As per the Government of Singapore, Construction, Tourism and Retail, Healthcare and Finance, Digital Media, Manufacturing are the thriving industries currently.
Popular Fields of Undergrad Study
- Business Studies
- Social Sciences
- Computer Science
- Media Studies
Program Duration & Cost of Education
|Duration||Cost of Education (Tuition & Living per annum)|
|Three to four years*||Arts & Social Sciences – Tuition: SGD 29,000
Engineering/Computer Science – Tuition: SGD 37,000
Media Studies – Tuition: SGD 37,000
Architecture & Design – Tuition: SGD 38,000
Medicine – Tuition: SGD 135,000
Law- Tuition: SGD 37,000
Living Expenses: SGD 12,000-24,000*
*Flexible undergraduate curriculum is offered with the opportunity to pursue a double-degree, double-major, or joint-degree program
*Notably, many academic institutions allow international students to work for 16 hours per week without additional paperwork in order to manage their high living expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergrad Programs
|Strong Academic Credentials||Standardized Test Scores||Strong Extra Curriculars|
|Top schools look for an aggregate of 95% in the higher secondary examination Predictive Grades for Class 12 if you are in the final year of school||Competitive scores on SAT** Three SAT Subject Test (Maths is compulsory) TOEFL/IELTS***||State/National/International Level participation Declamations, Model United Nations, Olympiad, and several more|
**If you are from ICSE, CBSE or IB Board; SAT is mandatory if you are from the State Board
*** Not required if you have passed out of an English-medium school and have scored over 75% in English
Intake & Application Deadlines
- There is a single intake for undergraduate applicants – August to September Fall intake.
- Deadlines for applications are usually from March to April.
Student Visa Terms and Provisions
- Student Pass application must be submitted at least two months prior to the course start date
- Once admitted by a university, a student is allotted a SOLAR application number
- Students must log on to the SOLAR system from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website with their assigned SOLAR application number
- Processing time is usually 3-14 working days for applications submitted via the SOLAR portal
- Upon approval, the student will receive an In-Principle Approval Letter
- On reaching Singapore, he/she must fix an appointment with the ICA for the issuance of the Student Pass Card
Are you ready to choose this technological hub for an enriching undergraduate education to establish a rewarding career? Do connect with our Manya-The Princeton Review representatives for more details!