MBA in Germany
An upcoming destination for MBA aspirants! Read why?
Why Study in Germany?
Let’s Look at the Numbers!
- Germany has 3 B-schools in the top 100 list of the QS Global MBA Rankings 2018; these three B-schools are: Mannheim Business School, WHU (Otto Beisheim), Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- Germany came fifth in the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report for 2017-2018, ahead of Hong Kong SAR, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan & Finland
- Mannheim Business School
- WHU Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management
- European School of Management & Technology
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- ESCP Europe, Berlin Campus
Powerful Reasons to Study in Germany
|Top Quality Education||Very Low Cost of Education||International Exposure||Long-term Employment Prospects|
|World-class B-Schools||Affordable MBA programs (12-24 months); nil tuition fee in public universities||Chance to learn German language||Post-study work permit of 18 months|
|Flexible MBA programs with varied specializations||Excellent scholarship options||Safe & secure, very friendly||Excellent work & internship opportunities; strongest economy in Europe|
Average Salaries earned by Germany MBA Graduates & Alumni
Let’s look at the average salaries earned by alumni at some of the top Germany B-schools
|Mannheim Business School||US $ 105,308|
|WHU Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management||US $ 106,172|
|European School of Management & Technology||US $ 88,226|
|Frankfurt School of Finance & Management||US $ 69,895|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management||US $ 75,601|
|TUM Technische Universitat Munchen||US $ 94,000|
|ESCP Europe, Berlin Campus||US $ 97,000|
Top Industries (Post MBA) in Germany
- Manufacturing/Industrial Services (incl. Automotive)
- Banking/Financial Services/Insurance
- Start-up/Family Business/Freelancing
Program Duration & Cost of Education
|Duration||Cost of Education (Tuition & Living per annum)|
|12-24 months||Zero tuition fee in public B-schools In private B-schools, average tuition + living costs = Euro 45,000-55,000|
Students can work both on and off campus. Students are allowed to work 120 full days each year or 240 half days on a student visa. However, immigration authorities need to be informed about any changes in working hours.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Programs
|Strong Academic Credentials||Standardized Test Scores||Strong Work Experience& Extra Curriculars|
|An undergraduate degree from a well-recognized, accredited university||Most b-schools require the GMAT; some b-schools grant admission without a GMAT score IELTS (minimum 7 band score) or TOEFL iBT (minimum 90 score)||Minimum professional experience of 3 years Strong extra curriculars & community service experience|
Average GMAT & Work Experience at Top B-Schools
|B-School||Average GMAT of Class||Average Years of Work Exp. of Class|
|Mannheim Business School||680||5 years|
|WHU Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management||680||5 years|
|European School of Management & Technology||650||7.5 years|
|Frankfurt School of Finance & Management||650||5 years|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management||650||5 years|
Intake & Application Deadlines
B-schools such as Mannheim Business School, WHU Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management and other b-schools in Germany usually have rolling application deadlines for Fall intake. European School of Management & Technology has a Spring intake. Some b-schools have an early bird application deadline (for tuition discounts) or early decision deadline.
Student Visa Terms and Provisions
- Students must comply with the German visa application procedures and carry the required supporting documents for obtaining the Student Visa (Visum Zu Studienzwecken):
- Certificate of admission from the university
- Academic records
- Documents in support of finances
- Health insurance documents
Student Visas are valid only for 90 days. Immediately after arriving in Germany, you must apply for a Residence Permit before the end of the 90 days. You must register with the local Aliens Department that issues a residence permit valid for a maximum of two years. In case of extensions required, if any, the application must be made well in advance.
MBA aspirants, if your dream is to enter the Land of Ideas, as Germany is fondly called, for an enriching learning experience from the acclaimed masters of scientific education at world-class universities, do talk to our Manya-The Princeton Review representatives right away to make your dreams come true.