The GRE Quantitative Reasoning tests the student’s knowledge in basic Mathematical concepts taught in high school. Questions will be asked from four concept areas of math. These include:
iii) Geometry and
iv) Data Analysis
GRE Quantitative questions are usually set in the real world, but some questions will be from a purely mathematical context. Word problems have a significant role in math sections as they will take a while to comprehend and solve.
All the mathematical conventions used in the GRE quantitative section are from the high-school level. If there is a deviation from the regular notations/conventions, it will be mentioned in the question.
Concepts like Trigonometry or Calculus are never tested on the GRE quantitative reasoning. Also, the ability to construct proofs of certain geometrical theorems won’t be tested.
The purpose of the quant section is to check the test-taker’s ability to reason, model, and solve problems using different mathematical methods.
- Suyash Raj
- Suyash RajI started my GRE prep with no clear vision of what the GRE exam entails or what is the timeline to prepare. My instructors and batchmates at Manya helped me a lot with figuring out my way to a good GRE score. WordsApp and Sample tests on the Manya online portal served not only as educational materials but also as guiding benchmarks to measure my progress along this journey. Ultimately, I was able to give my GRE exam within less than three months of starting the preparation and perform to the best of my capabilities to achieve this score.
- Arun Kumar
- Arun KumarI enrolled myself in the Manya Online GRE course. The course was very structured and was instrumental for me to achieve my target score. The teachers were very knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive to my needs. Their insights and advice made my preparation smoother. The portal also contains a plethora of questions on each topic which helped me strengthen my concepts and understanding.
- Varun S
- Varun SManya's diligent and erudite faculty is the key to cracking the GRE. The exam is all about time management and strategy employment which Manya trains you well at. Classes are really useful, especially for Verbal.
- GokulDue to the efforts made by the faculty I was able to score well in GRE. They always provided me with the assistance whenever it was needed. The online portal was really helpful during preparation. Thank you Manya- The Princeton Review,Trichy"
- Ananya Agarwal
- Ananya AgarwalI enrolled for GRE classes at Manya - The Princeton review last year. I had a lot of questions in my mind in the beginning because I come from a different city and I am a working professional. To my delight, they were answered patiently and professionally which gave me a sense of confidence. The faculty at Manya is really supportive and communicative. Everything you need for GRE is broken down really well along with a student portal and comprehensive study material that you can practice from. That's pretty much what I followed and scored 321 on the test. Ultimately it depends on you how to put the resources to optimum use. All the Best.
The GRE test consists of three sections:
The Analytical Writing section will always come first. It consists of two tasks and will take an hour to complete.
After the writing section, test-takers will face two verbal and two quant sections. Along with these four, there will be an experimental section(unscored) that is either a quant or a verbal section.
On the whole, these five sections will appear in a random order on the GRE test. To get a better hold of the format, test-takers are encouraged to take a GRE practice test.
GRE Quantitative test includes topics from high school mathematics. There are two math sections present on the GRE test. Each section consists of 20 questions to be solved in 35 minutes. If the experimental section turns out to be quant, test-takers will have to face a total of three math sections(only two sections will be scored). Topics in the quant section include problems from Algebra, Geometry, Rates, Word Problems, Ratios, and Data Analysis(Chart problems).
The quant section of the GRE test will have questions from four main topics:
iii) Geometry and
iv) Data Analysis
From each one of the four topics mentioned above, different types of questions will be given from sub-topics like Rates, Percentages, Triangles and Circles, Number properties, Averages, and Ratios.
Most of the test-takers would be familiar with these topics and a proper brushup would be sufficient to recollect them.
To start with, the topics of GRE Math are familiar to most of the test-takers as they would have studied them in their high school education. Once this is established, students can hone their quantitative skills through rigorous practice by doing mock drills and practice tests.
The only difficult part for test-takers would be to comprehend lengthy word problems on the math section. Through structured practice and proper implementation of techniques, the trouble caused by word problems can be eliminated and scoring 160 will thus become easier.
To aid the students in their pursuit of success in the test, Manya offers time-tested techniques to be implemented in the math section. These techniques related to Algebra will help students solve problems quickly without complicating the calculations.
Also, the materials provided for GRE course guide the students by enabling them solve problems on varying difficulty levels.
Students also get the opportunity to practice eight online full length tests that simulate the original GRE test experience. They will also be given the opportunity to review their tests through the computer-generated interactive score report.
When it comes to higher education, many students aspire to study abroad and earn a degree ... Read More >
This blog will show a few tips and strategies for ...
Read More >
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a standardized test ...
Read More >
Pursuing a Master's in Computer Science (CS) from a ...
Read More >
A great place to prepare for the GRE exam. They are fast and to the point and provide the correct knowledge to get points on the test. The overall center is well made and clean and at a good location.
I took my GRE coaching at manya.Those classes were really useful,i just learned how to tackle the questions much easier way.Maintainance is really good.Finally very good coaching staffs.
Excellent place for GRE preparations. I like it. We get all our queries resolved related to verbal and quants. Staffs are very helpful in any difficulties we face, therefore we don't find it very hard to solve any GRE practice questions.