GRE Exam Dates
The GRE is conducted at about 1000 test centers in more than 160 countries. It is offered as a computer-delivered test year-round at most locations around the world and as a paper-delivered where computer-delivered testing is not available.
In India, GRE is a computer-delivered test and it is administered on all the days, throughout the year.
Be an early bird and book your slot.
But while booking the test, please keep your university deadlines in mind because these scores need to reach before or by the application deadline. After taking the test, you will have an option to accept or cancel the scores before viewing the scores. If you accept, the scores would reach the designated universities in about 10 to 15 days and then a further couple of days for the university to process them. Hence, while deciding on your test date, please keep in mind this time frame and leave enough window for the process to be completed before the deadlines.
There are no fixed dates for the GRE test as it is administered all year round.
You can register for the computer-delivered GRE either online or via phone.
You can also decide to take the GRE in the designated test centers or GRE at home.
- Create an account on https://www.ets.org/gre. If you already have an account, sign in to your account
- While creating an account use the same first and last name as it appears on your valid identification document which you will be using on the day of the test (For test-takers in India, a valid passport is the only valid identification document)
- If you have already created an account, verify if the name you have entered matches the name on the passport. If not, you must edit it before your register for the GRE
- If there is a mismatch, you will not be allowed to take the test
- Check the availability of seats at your preferred center at your preferred date
- Make sure your preferred test date is at least two business days before your actual test date
- Book a slot
- Use an American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or Visa credit/debit cards to pay your test fee. Please note net banking or cash is not accepted. Ensure you have a credit/debit card for making the payment
- You will receive a confirmation email from ETS that will confirm your test choice, test date, test center, and score recipients
- People with disabilities or health-related needs, accommodations cannot register online
Are You Planning to Prepare for GRE?
Click Here to Book Your Free 1-On-1 Session with Experts
Register by Phone
- Make a call to the appropriate Regional Registration Center (RRC) at least two business days before the preferred test date to register for the GRE
- Payment can be made using an American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or Visa credit/debit card
- Test takers with disabilities requesting any accommodations must submit their requests and have their accommodations approved by ETS Disability Services before their test can be scheduled
- In order to pay with a cheque or money order, you will need to get a GRE General Test Authorization Voucher by mail
Points to Remember
- The public sector banks of India are not authorized to pay for the GRE test, hence, you may use a Visa or Master credit card or a debit card from any private bank to pay for the GRE test
- ETS may add or delete payment options at its own discretion and without notice
- In India, only a valid Indian passport is considered as a valid identification document
- A GRE score is valid for 5 years
- A retest is possible every 21 days, but not more than five times in 12 months (this includes attempts where you canceled the scores)
- You may also mention the universities that you want the scores to be sent to for free (up to four universities can be mentioned)
- If you prefer sending the scores later or want to send scores to more than four universities, it can be done by paying an additional fee
- Rescheduling or canceling can be done online or over the phone at least four days before the test date at an additional cost
Furthermore, Through your ETS Account, You Can
- Access and use the free GRE Diagnostic Service
- Purchase materials for test preparation
- View all your scores
- Receive text messages about your test and scores in addition to email notifications
GRE Search Service
This is an additional service that you can access through your ETS account. It is a database where you can add your profile for free and make it available for scrutiny by the Graduate and Business school recruiters who look for students eligible for their various programs. In case your profile matches their requirement, they might send you information regarding their programs, admission requirements, and scholarship and fellowship opportunities to help you pay for the tuition. You may sign up for this service both before and after the test.
So, if you are planning to study abroad at a dream university where the GRE score is accepted, then don’t wait for the last minute, but register online or by phone well ahead of time, to take the test at your nearest test center and give wings to your dreams.
Manya Education offers you a variety of GRE prep programs as face-to-face classroom sessions and live online sessions. We also provide GRE coaching in an omnichannel way, which means the classroom program is aligned to the online program in terms of coaching duration, bag of goods, value-added services, etc which enables you to shift to online to classroom and vice versa at any point of time during the course.