Every year, over half a million people from over 160 countries take the GRE General Test at Educational Testing Service’s (ETS) 1,000s of test centers. The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a standardised test taken by prospective graduate and business school applicants from all over the world who want to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in the United States, Canada, and many other countries.
The GRE is the first step towards study abroad. GRE is a test that is adaptive by section. The first section of Math/Verbal has a mix of easy, medium and hard questions. Based on the number of right answers in the first section, a student enters into a second section which is a hard or a medium, or an easy section. To get a high score, one should get into a harder section and answer the harder questions correctly. It is a 3 hour and 45 minutes test consisting of multiple-choice questions. The GRE is scored on a scale of 130 to 170 for verbal and quantitative reasoning, and 0 to 6 for analytical writing.
|Section||Number of Questions||Duration||Score Range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)||1 section
(each 30 minutes)
|0 to 6 with 0.5 point score interval|
|Quantitative Reasoning||2 sections
(20 questions in each section)
(each section 35 minutes)
|130 to 170 with 1 point score interval|
|Verbal Reasoning||2 sections
(20 questions in each section)
(each section 30 minutes)
|130 to 170 with 1 point score interval|
|Experimental section||1 section
(either Quant or Verbal section)
(30 or 35 minutes)
Looking for the best GRE classes in Mumbai near you? Manya – The Princeton Review’s best GRE coaching center in Mumbai offers student maximum flexibility in GRE preparation, allowing each aspirant to choose the GRE study plan that best suits their learning needs and goals. Our GRE exam features:
You can learn the complex problems in an easy to understand way. Our GRE study plan helps you improve your thinking capabilities as it includes practice tests that are similar to GRE. To get the best score results for our students, our GRE coaching uses engaging methods of instructions and a highly developed course material. Start taking the GRE coaching in Mumbai with Manya – The Princeton Review right now and get your desired score with the help of our master trainers.
Based on the deliberate review of our Uber trainers, Manya – The Princeton Review GRE Coaching classes in Mumbai include the most up-to-date and detailed GRE study materials. Learn from our certified trainers who have the knowledge and expertise to help you achieve your GRE preparation goals. We offer the best GRE coaching with a customised study schedule, student portal, practice tests, detailed score summary, drill smart algorithm, and much more to help you achieve your desired score. Manya’s satisfaction guarantee promises that you will be completely satisfied with your GRE preparation in order to achieve your desired score.
If you are looking for GRE preparation in Mumbai then, your search ends here! Manya – The Princeton Review GRE course offers you a student-centered curriculum, designed to focus on your individual strengths and weaknesses.
With live online GRE classes in Mumbai, Manya – The Princeton Review offers our students maximum flexibility in GRE preparation, allowing each GRE aspirant to choose the study plan that best suits their learning needs and goals. Our GRE program features comprehensive course materials, original methods of instruction, and the most qualified GRE trainers. You can learn the complex problems in an easy way. Our study plan helps you to improve your thinking capabilities as it includes GRE practice tests that are similar to actual tests. To get the best test score results for our students, our GRE coaching in Mumbai uses engaging methods of instruction and a highly developed course syllabus. Start taking the GRE online coaching in Mumbai right now and get your desired score with the help of our master trainers.
Manya is an awesome place and the entire GRE experience is amazing and made seamless. They help me understand the basics which are very important to do well on the test. Abhishek Sir helped me understand a lot of quant topics. He even took on the burden to teach me a few topics I struggled ... read more >
Recommended for those who are looking for gre & ielts institution. Good infrastructure. Excellent in teaching and are very helpful in clearing students doubts. I m very satisfied with joining PRINCETON.
GRE coaching is of great quality. The quant classes teach us how to face all types of questions and how to approach them within the given time limit. The verbal classes simplify the seemingly difficult questions and teach us how to understand the questions and answer them. The material provided plays a significant role in ... read more >
- GRE : 335
- Bakulesh Singh
- Manya ID: CHD00013"Manya-The Princeton Review really helped me in performing well on the GRE. The Tips and strategies offered by the faculty were really helpful in achieving my long-standing ambition of getting admission into a reputed institute. I would strongly recommend Manya-The Princeton Review to anyone aiming for a good GRE Score."
- GRE : 330
- Chirag Chandan Mishra
- Manya ID: WGL171802E0039"The material provided by Manya - The Princeton Review was really helpful, compounded with the superb faculty who guided and supported me even after the completion of the classes. The student portal was especially beneficial for revising problems and course lectures, and the mock tests were as close to the actual test as they could be. A really great coaching center!"
- GRE : 330
- Rohan Sahni
- Manya ID: NDA0010"I joined Manya - The Princeton Review Sec 62 Centre. It was a good experience studying there. With the help of their stellar faculty, I was able to ace the GRE. I would recommend their classes to everyone."
- GRE : 328
- Aaklit Taneja
- Manya ID: NDA0019"I had an amazing experience at Manya - The Princeton Review, the portal service is truly brilliant with countless hours of practice, the faculty is highly responsive and understanding, I definitely recommend this center for GRE prep. Thank you Manya - The Princeton Review for your continual guidance and support!"
- GRE : 327
- Malvika Sridhar
- Manya ID: ADR181910E0052"I found the GRE training program at Manya - The Princeton Review" very systematic and useful in helping me achieve a good score. Taking their full-fledged online mock tests was especially useful and great practice. The post tests feedback too were invaluable. I would recommend the program to an aspiring candidate wholeheartedly"
- GRE : 327
- Varun S
- Manya ID: TRC181908E0022Manya's diligent and erudite faculty is the key to cracking the GRE. The exam is all about time management and strategy employment which Manya trains you well at. Classes are really useful, especially for Verbal.
Well, if you are going to take the GRE, maybe in two months time from now, a lot is at stake to get that ...Read More >>
Globally MBA is known to be the stepping stone for anyone who wants to prepare for a successful management career. It enables one in ...Read More >>
GRE Quantitative Section – Arithmetic The GRE is the most widely accepted graduate admission test worldwide. The test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and ...Read More >>
Let us find out the format below:
GRE Test has three sections: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning.
Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) is always the first section. In this section, students will have to write two essays each with a duration of 30 minutes.
Verbal Reasoning: In this section, students have to answer two sections, each section will have 20 questions with 30 minutes duration.
Quantitative Reasoning: In this section, students have to answer two sections, each section will have 20 questions with 35 minutes duration.
Experimental section (unscored): One full section either Verbal reasoning or Quantitative reasoning.
After the AWA section, 2 Quant sections, 2 Verbal sections, and 1 experimental section can appear in any order. Students will not know which section is an experimental section.
The GRE is roughly 3 hours and 45 minutes long. The GRE AWA section is for 1 hour; the GRE verbal sections are for 30 minutes each and the math sections are 35 minutes each. The GRE experimental section can be for 30 or 35 minutes. Along with the breaks in between, the test is for nearly 3 hours and 45 minutes.
You have to take a diagnostic (full-length) GRE test to set the baseline. This will help you know where you stand and how far are you from your target score. Accordingly, choose a course or books to help you prepare for the test.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the GRE exam:
1. Know the rules of the game – Get thorough with the structure, format, and scoring of the test.
2. Review the essentials (basic concepts) required for the test. For verbal, learn vocabulary and for math, learn the basics of the math topics tested.
3. Learn techniques, strategies and pacing tips to boost your score.
4. Practice questions from standard GRE materials.
5. Take GRE Full-length practice tests at regular intervals and review the test to learn from the mistakes.
For more on GRE prep, see our guide for making a GRE study plan.
Yes, you can, but you are not allowed to bring your own calculator to the testing center. There is an onscreen calculator available for all the GRE Quant questions. This calculator is a simple model with basic four operations and square root available to use.
You can take the computer-delivered GRE General Test once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period (365 days). This applies even if you canceled your scores on a test taken previously.