The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a very popular analytical and reasoning test that is accepted for college admissions, scholarships, Ph.D. programs, and numerous other purposes all around the world. Given the range of skills this exam tests, verbal reasoning is a key area of the exam. This article aims to help you in understanding the GRE verbal exam as best as anybody can.
Firstly, GRE verbal is not a single section. It can be either two or three (if the experimental section decides to be a verbal section) sections that are placed in combination with the quant sections. Along with these verbal reasoning sections, you will have AWA (Analytical writing assessment) at the beginning of the exam. AWA is also considered to be Verbal because the skill set you use in verbal reasoning is identical to what you will need in the AWA. Hence, being able to crack verbal reasoning will help you to get points in the AWA too. That’s a bonus right there!
Secondly, there are 20 questions in each of the verbal sections, and these sections have to be solved in a time frame of 30 minutes each. Well, 20 questions in 30 minutes might sound easy, given the raw calculations that students make, calculating how many minutes one can get for any given question. But, it gets a bit trickier than that. There are different question types which require different levels of attention and time frame.
Overall, the verbal section is a crucial section that can give you good output if given enough amount of time and practice.
- Arun Kumar
- Arun KumarI enrolled myself in the Manya Online GRE course. The course was very structured and was instrumental for me to achieve my target score. The teachers were very knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive to my needs. Their insights and advice made my preparation smoother. The portal also contains a plethora of questions on each topic which helped me strengthen my concepts and understanding.
- Varun S
- Varun SManya's diligent and erudite faculty is the key to cracking the GRE. The exam is all about time management and strategy employment which Manya trains you well at. Classes are really useful, especially for Verbal.
- GokulDue to the efforts made by the faculty I was able to score well in GRE. They always provided me with the assistance whenever it was needed. The online portal was really helpful during preparation. Thank you Manya- The Princeton Review,Trichy"
- Ananya Agarwal
- Ananya AgarwalI enrolled for GRE classes at Manya - The Princeton review last year. I had a lot of questions in my mind in the beginning because I come from a different city and I am a working professional. To my delight, they were answered patiently and professionally which gave me a sense of confidence. The faculty at Manya is really supportive and communicative. Everything you need for GRE is broken down really well along with a student portal and comprehensive study material that you can practice from. That's pretty much what I followed and scored 321 on the test. Ultimately it depends on you how to put the resources to optimum use. All the Best.
- Sanpreet Singh
- Sanpreet SinghI was the student for the GMAT classes in 2017. I am writing this message to thank Manya trainer, who taught me quant. The trainer had helped me out in pulling up my score, by constantly giving me challenging questions, helping in clearing my doubt and sharing a new approach to save time in tricky questions. I gave GMAT in 2017, but scored 49/51 in quant, I got busy with my professional life and gave a GRE after a long gap in May 2020 and I scored 330(Q170, V160).
One cannot be very sure of the number. But, one has to be good with the list of frequently repeated words and also the material provided by the coaching institute.
The Official guide to the GRE is the one source of previous questions. This is the good way to start on questions. This should be supplemented with any standard coaching institute material.
There is no specific cut off for the verbal or the quant section. The minimum anybody can get is 130 and the maximum is 170.
With good vocabulary, one should be able to solve Sentence Equivalence and Text Completion questions very soon, and this should leave enough time for long and short Reading comprehension.
It completely depends on the Universities that the student is targetting. But, as a rule anything above 160+ should be a good target.
GRE Registration GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is owned by ETS (Educational Testing Services). Prospective business school ... Read More >
Maintaining the GRE exam's security has been a decade-long ...
Read More >
The online mode of learning is raging all over ...
Read More >
The GRE tests the skills of the students in ...
Read More >
it was a very nice experience at Manya. The tutors helped with the IELTS coaching. Also I got my GRE preparations done Online. Best Class !!!
I took up both IELTS(offline),GRE (online) classes and I was really satisfied with the overall experience.
I have been going to Manya for GRE class and I find it really effective. They don't just solve the problems but teach us the techniques.