Every GRE test-taker dreams of a great score and that is quite attainable by means of thorough preparation. In case of most computer-based tests, the test-taker is advised to practice on simulative mock tests which will not only have the questions but also give a feel of the test. In case of a GRE test-taker, however, there is a slight difference.
The GRE test-taker can warm-up on the question types from the printed test-prep materials, the books and guides. It is important to get a hang of the question types as there are different types of questions at different levels of difficulty, which are quite unfamiliar to many test-takers. When you know the questions types and answering strategies, you can take on the simulative practice tests on the computer.
We, at Manya understand the test-prep requirement for a GRE test-taker and hence provide all-inclusive support. With us, you will gain access to preparation material, both printed and online. This includes
- The Princeton Review GRE Manual v8.0: A complete book on GRE topics that introduces you to the systematic approach and increasing difficulty levels. It contains eight lessons of Verbal and Quantitative topics at gradually increasing difficulty levels. At the end of the course, you can also test your level of preparation with the workshop sections, one each for the verbal and Quant sections.
- Manya GRE Supplement with 750+ questions: An additional practice book, that perfectly supplements the concepts learned manually by focusing on the question types. The supplement has individual exercise drills for a single question type as well as mixed drills comprising of all question types in both Verbal and Quant sections.
- The Official Guide to the GRE by ETS: As the name suggests, it is the official guide from the test takers themselves. It has section wise questions of varying difficulty levels and two full length actual tests.
- Manya GRE Vocab Builder (Membean): It is an web-based app dedicated to the most important aspect of the GRE, the vocabulary. It includes 1450+ GRE words with useful and effective suggestions and learning modes that will not only help learn the words but also retain their meanings and usage.
- Set of Flashcards: Coded with colors and pictures, these flashcards will help you learn and remember words.
- The Princeton Review GRE Dashboard: The online material provided by Manya, the GRE Dashboard gives you 184 hours of online test-prep including tests that simulate the actual test environment and questions. On the dashboard, you will find
- More than 450 drills of three difficulty levels, the objective being to begin with simplest and progress to higher difficulty level questions
- More than 3500 practice questions, which drives the fact that practice makes one perfect
- 24 hours of strategy videos which aims to strengthen the concepts
- 8 full-length section adaptive practice tests which simulate the actual test
- Interactive score reports for focused test review to identify strong areas and weak areas which will help you design and chart out your study plan for an assiduous preparation. It also comes with answers and explanations for each question.
- Calibration using drill smart which enables calibration of the student drills as the difficulty levels of the questions changes as per the performance
Besides the prep materials from us, you may also use the materials offered by ETS, like
GRE POWERPREP Online Tests:
They are free, they are online, and they would help you
- understand what is being tested
- become familiar with the question types
- learn to use the testing tools like the on-screen calculator
- get a hang of taking the test under timed and untimed conditions
- get a thorough understanding of the scoring
POWERPREP PLUS Online tests:
This comprises of
- Two official paid practice tests
- Boasts of maiden appearance of real test questions in practice test
- Simulates actual test experience with timing
- At the end of the test you get the scores with correct answers and their explanations
- You also get a final score report that summarizes the performance
POWERPREP Test Preview Tool
- A mini GRE Test that gets you familiar with the GRE features like the question types, the use and usage of the ‘Mark’ and ‘Review’ buttons, and the online calculator
- Consists of one Quant and one Verbal sections with fewer than 20 questions
- A free practice booklet for the paper-based test which gives you the complete guide of the test structure