IELTS Reading is the second section of the IELTS test. In this section, test takers must read three to four passages and answer 40 questions in 60 minutes. A test taker can mark the answers in the question paper but must transfer them to the answer sheet within the allocated time. No extra time will be provided.
The IELTS reading section in the academic test is more challenging than the general training test. The passages for the former category are selected from a wide range of academic journals, books, and newspaper articles. Whereas the latter will have passages from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks and guidelines.
Test takers must practice skills like reading for gist, main ideas, and details. They also need to understand the author’s opinion (if any), purpose and attitude. There are 11 different types of questions. Each passage will be followed by 2-3 types of questions.
- Rajat R
- Rajat RI greatly appreciate my teachers at Manya-The Princeton Review for their teaching methods which helped me in the most practical way. I used to listen to podcasts while commuting which helped me attain a perfect 9 in Listening. The plethora of tips I got from my teachers was of great help in acing my IELTS exam.I got to learn numerous different words that really helped me in the Writing and Speaking sections. I am so grateful to my teachers as they devoted extra time to discuss my mock tests.
- Mehak Chopra
- Mehak ChopraBeing a student at Manya-The Princeton Review has been a great privilege for me and I am really grateful for the support of the faculty members. The faculty at Manya was always there for me and mentored my success in IELTS Exam. I would like to thank my teachers for being supportive throughout and helping me to bring out the best in me!
- Anmoldeep Kaur
- Anmoldeep KaurI had joined Manya- The Princeton Review for my GRE and IELTS preparation. I had a great learning experience here. The environment is conducive to learning. The online portal for practice tests and drills proved to be a great help in my preparation journey. The faculty is adept and supportive and I would like to express my sincere gratitude towards them for providing me every possible aid required for my IELTS preparation.
- Esha Hooda
- Esha HoodaI got 8.5/9 in IELTS. I owe my success to my teachers at Manya Institute and my parents. My dreams have turned into reality due to the unbeatable combo of my hard work, endless guidance, and support. They directed me to the most efficient approach for every question in every section of the test. They are very considerate and welcoming; I never felt inhibited while asking the most stupid questions. I'm extremely grateful to my teachers and my parents for helping me achieve this score.
- Achinth Babu
- Achinth Babu"I hardly had 9 classes in hand to prepare for my IELTS exam, and I did not expect the classes to be that interactive. My diagnostic tests resulted in a 32/40 in Reading and 36/40 in Listening. With the subsequent tests during the coaching and faculty’s guidance on how to approach my point of errors, I achieved a perfect score in the actual test. Not only did I exceed the expected score of 8.5 band, but also got the exact inputs I was looking for. Thank you Manya - The Princeton Review!".
IELTS is not difficult. The passages are selected from authentic sources. The questions are straightforward and designed to assess how you use the language.
There are several types of question like multiple choice questions, matching questions (sentences/information/features/headings), and sentence/note/flowchart/summary/table- completion.
Read and read a variety of formats from authentic sources like newspapers, magazines, and journals. Longer forms of literature such as novels or non-fiction books.
a) Practice skimming, scanning various types of texts
b) Focus on the questions and learn techniques to solve them quickly
c) Synonyms and paraphrasing are important
d) Manage your time
The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world's most popular English Language Proficiency test ... Read More >
Are you planning to write IELTS soon? How do you ...
Read More >
The International English Language Testing System, or the more ...
Read More >
Planning to take IELTS shortly? Read below for some ...
Read More >
I am glad that I connected to Manya-Bhubaneswar. They cleared my doubts regarding foreign education and whether I should pursue it or not. I am happy to have been guided from the beginning on SAT & IELTS, team helped me in various aspects whether it was sorting out the final list of universities or filling ... read more >
I was stuck with band 6 in IELTS after joining Manya I was able to achieve band 7. The coaching and the materials were excellent and helped me achieve the desired band.
For IELTS, Geetha Ma'am was extremely helpful with careful analysis of each part of the test. With continuous guidance and personalized feedback, Ma'am trained me within a month and half. With her valuable coaching, I was able to score 8.5 on the IELTS Test. Would definitely recommend students to take up IELTS classes at Manya ... read more >