The IELTS speaking test is an interview with a certified IELTS examiner that lasts between 11-14 minutes. The interview is timed and recorded by the interviewer. The candidate must carry the identification proof. It is a formal interview; hence it is recommended that candidates are formally dressed.
There are three parts in this section and each has a specific type of question. The answers given by the candidate are assessed using a standard rubric based on fluency, pronunciation, lexical resources, grammatical range and accuracy.
- Rajat R
- Rajat RI greatly appreciate my teachers at Manya-The Princeton Review for their teaching methods which helped me in the most practical way. I used to listen to podcasts while commuting which helped me attain a perfect 9 in Listening. The plethora of tips I got from my teachers was of great help in acing my IELTS exam.I got to learn numerous different words that really helped me in the Writing and Speaking sections. I am so grateful to my teachers as they devoted extra time to discuss my mock tests.
- Mehak Chopra
- Mehak ChopraBeing a student at Manya-The Princeton Review has been a great privilege for me and I am really grateful for the support of the faculty members. The faculty at Manya was always there for me and mentored my success in IELTS Exam. I would like to thank my teachers for being supportive throughout and helping me to bring out the best in me!
- Anmoldeep Kaur
- Anmoldeep KaurI had joined Manya- The Princeton Review for my GRE and IELTS preparation. I had a great learning experience here. The environment is conducive to learning. The online portal for practice tests and drills proved to be a great help in my preparation journey. The faculty is adept and supportive and I would like to express my sincere gratitude towards them for providing me every possible aid required for my IELTS preparation.
- Esha Hooda
- Esha HoodaI got 8.5/9 in IELTS. I owe my success to my teachers at Manya Institute and my parents. My dreams have turned into reality due to the unbeatable combo of my hard work, endless guidance, and support. They directed me to the most efficient approach for every question in every section of the test. They are very considerate and welcoming; I never felt inhibited while asking the most stupid questions. I'm extremely grateful to my teachers and my parents for helping me achieve this score.
- Achinth Babu
- Achinth Babu"I hardly had 9 classes in hand to prepare for my IELTS exam, and I did not expect the classes to be that interactive. My diagnostic tests resulted in a 32/40 in Reading and 36/40 in Listening. With the subsequent tests during the coaching and faculty’s guidance on how to approach my point of errors, I achieved a perfect score in the actual test. Not only did I exceed the expected score of 8.5 band, but also got the exact inputs I was looking for. Thank you Manya - The Princeton Review!".
There are three parts to the IELTS speaking test.
A wide range of topics like work, hometown, weather, volunteer work, study, hobbies, family, friends, and so on are asked in the IELTS test.
The IELTS speaking test will take about 11-14 minutes.
The answers need to be expanded as short answers do not give a clear idea to the examiner on the candidate’s speaking ability.
Practice speaking as often as you can. Work on pronunciation, vocabulary and fluency. Practice with IELTS speaking sample questions from authentic resources.
The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world's most popular English Language Proficiency test ... Read More >
Are you planning to write IELTS soon? How do you ...
Read More >
The International English Language Testing System, or the more ...
Read More >
Planning to take IELTS shortly? Read below for some ...
Read More >
it was a very nice experience at Manya. The tutors helped with the IELTS coaching. Also I got my GRE preparations done Online. Best Class !!!
I took up both IELTS(offline),GRE (online) classes and I was really satisfied with the overall experience.
Great place for students like me who are planning for foreign education. Teachers are supportive and friendly which really helped me improve my GRE and TOEFL scores. I really like the personalized career counselling which I received here. I will definitely recommend this to fellow aspirants.