The IELTS writing section lasts one hour. Test takers must write two tasks- writing task 1 and writing task 2. The questions in the academic writing test are different from the General training. The details are as follows:
|Academic Writing||1||20 minutes||A graph, table, chart or diagram is given – summarise, describe or explain the information depicted.|
|2||40 minutes||Write an essay on topics like the environment to immigration, culture, and even technology. Task:
· agree or disagree or argument
· discuss two opposing views
· advantages or disadvantages of a topic
· explain a given problem
· the cause of a problem and offer a solution
|General Training Writing||1||20 minutes||Write a letter to request information or explain the situation. Various tasks like expressing needs, complaints, opinions and so on are given.|
|2||40 minutes||Write an essay on a topic describing a point of view, argument or problem which you need to discuss|
- Rajat R
- Rajat RI greatly appreciate my teachers at Manya-The Princeton Review for their teaching methods which helped me in the most practical way. I used to listen to podcasts while commuting which helped me attain a perfect 9 in Listening. The plethora of tips I got from my teachers was of great help in acing my IELTS exam.I got to learn numerous different words that really helped me in the Writing and Speaking sections. I am so grateful to my teachers as they devoted extra time to discuss my mock tests.
- Mehak Chopra
- Mehak ChopraBeing a student at Manya-The Princeton Review has been a great privilege for me and I am really grateful for the support of the faculty members. The faculty at Manya was always there for me and mentored my success in IELTS Exam. I would like to thank my teachers for being supportive throughout and helping me to bring out the best in me!
- Anmoldeep Kaur
- Anmoldeep KaurI had joined Manya- The Princeton Review for my GRE and IELTS preparation. I had a great learning experience here. The environment is conducive to learning. The online portal for practice tests and drills proved to be a great help in my preparation journey. The faculty is adept and supportive and I would like to express my sincere gratitude towards them for providing me every possible aid required for my IELTS preparation.
- Esha Hooda
- Esha HoodaI got 8.5/9 in IELTS. I owe my success to my teachers at Manya Institute and my parents. My dreams have turned into reality due to the unbeatable combo of my hard work, endless guidance, and support. They directed me to the most efficient approach for every question in every section of the test. They are very considerate and welcoming; I never felt inhibited while asking the most stupid questions. I'm extremely grateful to my teachers and my parents for helping me achieve this score.
- Achinth Babu
- Achinth Babu"I hardly had 9 classes in hand to prepare for my IELTS exam, and I did not expect the classes to be that interactive. My diagnostic tests resulted in a 32/40 in Reading and 36/40 in Listening. With the subsequent tests during the coaching and faculty’s guidance on how to approach my point of errors, I achieved a perfect score in the actual test. Not only did I exceed the expected score of 8.5 band, but also got the exact inputs I was looking for. Thank you Manya - The Princeton Review!".
Understand the question, make an outline, organise ideas, use recommended structure to write, focus on language aspect (grammar) and proofread.
For ideas read different questions and brainstorm ideas or read writing sample answers. Another method is to find relevant information on a few question types.
The IELTS Writing test takes 60 minutes. Spend 20 minutes on Task 1, and 40 minutes on Task 2. Writing task 1 is a report for academic and letter writing for the general test. Task 2 is an essay for both types of papers.
You must write more than 150 words for task 1 and 250 words for task 2.
You will lose scores in the task response and task achievement sections.
The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world's most popular English Language Proficiency test ... Read More >
Are you planning to write IELTS soon? How do you ...
Read More >
The International English Language Testing System, or the more ...
Read More >
Planning to take IELTS shortly? Read below for some ...
Read More >
it was a very nice experience at Manya. The tutors helped with the IELTS coaching. Also I got my GRE preparations done Online. Best Class !!!
I took up both IELTS(offline),GRE (online) classes and I was really satisfied with the overall experience.
Great place for students like me who are planning for foreign education. Teachers are supportive and friendly which really helped me improve my GRE and TOEFL scores. I really like the personalized career counselling which I received here. I will definitely recommend this to fellow aspirants.