The Digital SAT Exam is a multiple-choice, computer-based test created and administered by the College Board. The purpose of the Digital SAT is to measure a high school student’s readiness for college and provide colleges with one common data point that can be used to compare all applicants.
The Digital SAT Exam is taken by students looking for admission to UG Programs of various colleges and Universities in the US. This influential exam is taken in English, a language understood and well-known by most people across the globe. However, while appearing for the Digital SAT exam in India, there are points in question that a student, especially one of Indian origin, is apt to face.
This Digital SAT Exam is conducted five times a year (March, May, October, August, and December,); as per your test-preparation plan, you can plan to take the Digital SAT accordingly.
n this comprehensive article, experts at Manya – The Princeton Review have tried to address specific questions of students related to Digital SAT acceptance in India. Let’s start with the Basics –
|Digital SAT Length||2 hours|
|Digital SAT Sections||– Math
– Reading and Writing
|Digital SAT Cost||$109|
|Highest Digital SAT Score||1600|
|Average Digital SAT Score||1060|
SAT Exam score has been a key component in the application process for students applying for undergraduate admissions abroad. Since 2018, the Universities and Colleges Accepting SAT Exam in India has nearly increased to 35 premier Indian universities and more than 50 institutes. The same significance and acceptance continue for the Digital SAT.
India’s acceptance of the SAT was made possible by the India Global Alliance founded by the College Board of India in partnership with leading Indian universities, which significantly simplified the higher education admission process for Indian students significantly. Now, students can take one test, Digital SAT, in place of many entrance tests and can apply to universities both abroad and in India. Digital SAT Exam score is not restricted to one stream, unlike other entrance tests in India. It is applicable for admission in multiple streams like Engineering, BTech, Liberal Arts, Law, Business Management & Others.
Check Your Score Now with a Free Practice Test
See where you stand with our practice tests. Find the right way to improve with our strategy sessions.
1. SRM University: Students can choose to apply either through the Digital SAT score OR appear for the SRMJEEE conducted by the University. The Digital SAT score will be accepted for Regular Admissions. The cut-off score for the Digital SAT Exam will be in line with the university’s shortlisting criteria for Undergraduate admissions. Students will be invited for personal interviews after shortlisting for admissions.
2. MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences: Established in 2013, in Karnataka, the university accepts Digital SAT test scores for most of the courses like- BTech, BBA, BPharma, PharmD, BDes, BHM, BSc (Hons), BCom (Hons), BSc (Bio-Tech), BSc (Food Processing and Technology), BSc (Dialysis Therapy Technology), BSc (Medical Radiology and Imaging Technology), BSc (Cardiac Care Technology), BSc (Sports and Exercise Science), BSc (Optometry), BSc (Operation Theatre Technology).
3. SP Jain School of Global Management: SP Jain School of Global Management is a business school with campuses in Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, and Sydney. It offers multi-city undergraduate and postgraduate programs. For applicable courses, the School requires the applicants to meet the minimum requirements of 600 in the Math section of the Digital SAT.
4. Sophia College: Founded in 1940, it is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. All courses except Law and Architecture expect Digital SAT scores for admission.
5. Azim Premji University: Since 2019, the University has started accepting Digital SAT scores for Undergraduate programs. The Digital SAT score is accepted for both the Early and Regular Admission window. The university cut-off score for the Digital SAT is according to the shortlisting criteria for undergraduate admissions. Eligible candidates are directly invited for personal interviews.
6. Bennett University: It is a private university in Uttar Pradesh with the aim of providing Ivy League quality education to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The school accepts Digital SAT scores for BTech and BBA courses. In order to assess the likelihood of you getting selected, please read the admission cut-off provided by the university on their website.
7. Manipal Academy of Higher Education: The College offers B.Tech and M.Tech degrees in several engineering streams, including Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Building Science, and Chemical. Digital SAT scores are accepted for BSc (Exercise and Sports Sciences), BSc (Health Information Management), BSc (Medical Imaging Technology), BSc (Perfusion Technology), BSc (Renal Replacement Therapy & Dialysis Technology), BCom (Professional), and BCom (Business Process Services).
8. Manav Rachna University: Established in the year 2004, the university offers courses in Engineering, Management Programs, Applied Sciences, Humanities, Law, and Education. Selection in B.Tech is done by the university on the basis of a valid score on the Digital SAT.
9. D.Goenka University: Established in 2013, the university offers various undergraduate in multiple streams, including Engineering, Management, Law, Commerce, Science, Education, Hotel Management, Architecture, Design, Pharmacy, Mass Communication, Humanities & Social Sciences, etc.
10. Ahmedabad University: Established in 2009, the University provides undergraduate, postgraduate courses and Doctorate degrees. They offer undergraduate and graduate courses in the field of engineering and management. Ahmedabad University accepts Digital SAT scores for admissions to undergraduate courses except for BTech.
11. O.P. Jindal Global University: O.P. Jindal Global University is a private university located in Haryana, India. They offer courses in engineering streams such as computer science, mechanical, civil, electronics, communication, information technology, and electrical. All courses except Law accept Digital SAT scores for admission.
12. Ashoka University: The University gives admission offers basis Digital SAT scores. However, not every student with a Digital SAT score will be eligible for a Firm Offer of Admission.
13. NSIT (Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology): Established in 1983, it is an autonomous institution of the Government of Delhi. Digital SAT Subject Test Score Card is required at the time of admission to undergraduate courses.
14. NIT (National Institute of Technology), Karnataka: It offers undergraduate degree programs, postgraduate and Doctorate (Ph.D.) levels. The programs offered are in the streams of engineering, technology, management, and science and information technology.
Related Blog Post: Top 5 Digital SAT Strategies You Should Know
Digital SAT Acceptance in India is Spread across around 51 Indian institutes, including 35 universities for admission to their courses. Students who are academically gifted, as well as those from low-income homes, can apply for one of three Digital SAT India scholarships:
Based on the Digital SAT India 2020 score, 16 Indian universities offer 100% tuition-free scholarships. Based on the Digital SAT India 2020 result, 35 Indian colleges provide a one-time scholarship for $1,500 (Rs 1 lakh).
The Digital SAT Exam in India can be taken in 40+ cities across 80 centers. It is suggested to search for the one nearest you with the desired test date on the official website of the College Board.
Every year, India’s top colleges and institutions receive a torrent of applications, making it incredibly tough for individuals to stand out. Writing multiple entrance tests held by separate institutes for admission is a time-consuming and complicated process. In this situation, an excellent Digital SAT score in the application can help one stand out, increasing one’s chances of getting into one’s favorite institutions and studying the courses of one’s choosing.
Admission to UG programs at 35 Indian universities is based on the Digital SAT. While tests like JEE and NEET are restricted to engineering and medical studies, a Digital SAT score allows you to apply to a variety of colleges, including those that provide engineering, liberal arts, law, business administration, journalism, and design programs. Furthermore, the Digital SAT is approved by a large number of universities around the world.
One of the advantages of the Digital SAT is that wrong response are not penalized. As a result, applicants can make educated guesses without fear of losing marks.
In India, Digital SAT offers fee reductions and grant options to qualified candidates. Online and offline practice programs are available at good coaching schools.
When compared to other Indian entrance exams, Digital SAT test takers often have more time to answer each section. Those who suffer from stress as a result of time limits may find the Digital SAT to be a better option, with a higher likelihood of passing.
Because the test is given five times a year, candidates have plenty of time to plan, practice, and prepare. Aspirants are known to take the test in order to meet the deadlines for their college applications. Digital SAT also provides considerable flexibility when it comes to last-minute registration.
Related Blog Post: Your Ultimate Guide to Mastering Digital SAT Vocabulary
Want to Know How Much Prepared You Are?
Take a Quiz Now!
A composite Digital SAT score of 1200+ and above is required to apply for admission to the universities. However, a composite Digital SAT score of 1350+ is considered for scholarships at top universities in India. If your score is low, you can consider retaking the test to improve your past performance before applying to the desired university.
There is no age limit also as such to register for the Digital SAT. Those who have passed class 12th and are in the age group of 17-19 are the ones who usually appear for the Digital SAT test.
For Indian applicants, the fee for Digital SAT comes out to be $109. With your Digital SAT Scores, if you are applying for your dream course in one of India’s well-known colleges. It is suggested to check the eligibility criteria in the admission prospectus of these universities before you act.
Manya – The Princeton Review Digital SAT Preparation course comes with the most updated, comprehensive Digital SAT study materials, based on the deliberate analysis of our certified trainers, who carry many years of test experience with them to help you meet your needs of Digital SAT preparation. At Manya, you can prepare for your Digital SAT exam to achieve your desired Digital SAT score with the help of a personalized and targeted Digital SAT online coaching study plan, student portal, practice tests, detailed score reports, refreshers, and much more.
Manya – The Princeton Review offers you a variety of Digital SAT preparation programs with live online sessions as well as face-to-face classroom sessions. We provide Digital SAT coaching in a uniform way, which means the classroom program is aligned to the online program in terms of coaching duration, a bag of goods, and value-added services that offer you the flexibility to make a transition – classroom to online or vice versa at any point of time during the course.
For more information, call our Study Abroad Helpline 1800 102 4646.Book your Free Counselling Session now!