Canada is not just a popular tourist destination but also a known hub for international students. Owing to an array of reputable universities, well-known colleges and the chance of being permanent residents over there, Indians especially are showing significant interest to in Applying To Canada & pursue higher studies.
Some facts that make Canada a viable option:
• Three Intakes: There are mostly three intakes in most of the Canadian Universities, which are in January, May, and September. One should start the application process at least a year before because it closes 5 to 6 months prior to admission.
• Undergraduate Course in Canada: In Canada, a 12th standard student can apply for three different types of courses that include a 2-year diploma course, a 3-year advanced diploma course, and a 4-year bachelor degree course. The bachelor degree is more popular among students because that will help them apply for masters in Canada. For applying master’s degree in Canada a student needs to complete 16 years of education.
• Post-graduation in Canada: There are various postgraduate courses in Canada, which include Master’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate Course and Masters in Business Administration. The master’s course has a duration of one to two years depending on the university while the diploma course lasts for 8 to 10 months.
• Eligibility Criteria: The minimum eligibility course to apply for the bachelor’s degree is 80% while for the diploma course it is 55%. The IELTS course for the former is 6.5 while for the latter it is 6.
On the other hand, the minimum eligibility for a master’s degree in Canada is 70-75% with the IELTS score of 6.5. For MBA, the score criterion is 70% with a GMAT of 580 to 600 and an IELTS of 6.5.
• Permanent Residency: Indians can apply for permanent residency in Canada; they get work permits based on the course duration. For a one-year master’s degree, the student gets a one-year work permit.Book your Free Counselling Session now!