IELTS Exam 2020 – 21
IELTS jointly owned and conducted by IDP Education Australia, British Council, and Cambridge English Language Assessment is an English proficiency test taken by candidates all over the world. The test score is considered by the English speaking countries if you are planning to study or work there. English is the primary source of communication for such countries and therefore it becomes necessary to know the language well and this is the main reason why the international countries ask for your TOEFL score. The full form of IELTS is International English Language Testing System and UK, Australia, New Zealand, USA, and Canada are the popular countries where IELTS is accepted for university admissions.
- Full form of IELTS is International English Language Testing System
- The official website for IELTS is https://www.ielts.org/
- IELTS score is accepted in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, and the UK, Canada and USA
- The Test is conducted by the British Council and IDP Education Ltd
- The mode of exam is Computer and Paper – delivered test
- The fee for IELTS is Rs. 13,250
- The score range for IELTS is on the scale of 1(the lowest) to 9 (the highest)
IELTS Exam Fees
The registration fee for IELTS Exam is Rs. 13,250.
What is IELTS Cancellation Fees?
- If your IELTS application is cancelled for more than five weeks before your test date, the refund you will receive will be the minus 25% of the administrative fee.
- If your IELTS exam is cancelled by you in less than five weeks ahead of the test date, you will receive no refund.
- If you fail to appear for the test, then, in that case, you will not receive any refund and this will be considered as a cancelation.
Please note that those who can produce a medical certificate within 5 days of the test date can receive the refund after deducting the local administrative cost.
What is IELTS Rescheduling Fees?
If you are planning to change your test date, then you can request for the same at least five weeks before your actual test date, which you have booked. You will need to pay for the cancellation/postponement fee. Also, make sure the new test date must be within three months of the original test date.
The heavy tuition fees is sometimes the biggest drawbacks of planning study abroad and due to which many students who wish to go abroad have to end up setting down for other alternatives in their own country. The availability of various IELTS Scholarships and educational loans has made study abroad a dream come true for many. You can check the official website for the college/university you are planning to apply and search for the scholarships they are offering.
IELTS Exam Important Dates
IELTS, the test is available multiple times throughout the year and therefore, you are advised to book an IELTS test date as per your convenience. However, you need to consider the admission deadline of the university you are applying to. It is suggested to choose an exam date 3-4 months before the application deadline. Also, it is advised to book your IELTS test dates in advance to avoid any last-minute error.