A Few Facts Before You Move On To Registering For the GMAT
- The GMAT Exam is owned and managed by the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC).
- The test is offered throughout the year, not on any particular day(s). You can decide to take the test on a convenient day when you are prepared.
- GMAT test centers are present in over 30 Indian cities. Date or slot availability varies from center to center. The list of Indian cities with GMAT test centers is available on their official website.
- The GMAC develops and delivers the exam with the help of service providers, including Pearson VUE and ACT.
- Appointment slots for GMAT are booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- Keep in mind that certain slots get filled quickly, so register well in advance. You can register for the exam up to 6 months in advance. If suitable time slots are available, it is also possible to register just one day in advance.
- To write the GMAT in India, you must carry your valid and unexpired passport on the day of the examination as identity proof. No document, other than the passport, is accepted as proof of identity for taking the GMAT examination in India.
How to Register For GMAT Online
Here are the Steps on How to Register for GMAT Exam Online:
Go to the registration page on the official website of MBA.com and click on “Register now.”
After logging into the official website, you must create an account by entering your basic information such as name and email address, and clicking on Create an account.
You will be taken to a page then Click on the Register for the GMAT ONLINE Exam button.
The next step is to create a GMAT profile. You will be asked for additional personal information, such as your address, date of birth, preferred mode of communication (SMS or Phone), courses and countries of interest, and so on. Following that, you will double-check that all of the information you have entered is correct.
After filling in the details, confirm the information and save the profile.
The following step is to Schedule your examination. You can select up to three test centers in your area. Select one of the options. Choose an available date and time.
After you’ve decided on your test dates and times, you’ll need to make an online payment in the next step. The GMAT exam costs $275. You can make online payments using a credit card, a debit card, or net banking, depending on your preference.
Things You Need to Know:
- You will need a Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or JCB) or a Debit card (Visa or MasterCard only) that allows international transactions.
- It is also possible to register for the GMAT by phone, fax, or email.
- If you have disabilities that make it difficult to take the test in standard conditions, you can request accommodations such as extra time.
Rescheduling & Canceling GMAT Exam
- If you cancel the exam within 7 days of the scheduled date, you will receive a $80 refund.
- To change the date of the exam, a $50 fee must be paid before 7 days of the exam.
- You will be charged $250 if you reschedule the exam within 7 days of the scheduled date.
- Canceling and rescheduling can be done online or offline, though there is a $10 surcharge for services over the phone in addition to the costs listed above.