We hope that the tips shared in the first part of this blog are helping you in your IELTS preparation. In addition to the tips shared in our previous blog, here are some more tips and strategies that will make your IELTS preparation easier and would enable you to pave your way to get a band 8:
1. Paraphrasing of Answers: Be prepared to hear the speakers use synonyms and parallel expressions of the words in the answer choices. Learners with high band scores recognize paraphrasing easily.
2. Language of the Study: Ensure that you are familiar with the language of study (dissertation, assignment, and deadline). The IELTS Listening test uses a range of this vocabulary in Sections 3 and 4
3. Follow the Passage Flow: Questions often act as transcripts for the audio clips. This implies that certain key words in the question will definitely be paraphrased in the audio.
4. Signpost Words: Similar to the reference words, Signpost words help anticipate the kind of information that may be discussed in the conversation/speech. These words help understand the transition of one sentence to the other. So, pay a lot of attention to words especially to those that present contrast in the sentence such as Although, However, etc. These help determine the exact answer as required.
5. On the Exam Day: It is not enough that you practice incessantly prior to the exam but you should also be able to employ what you have learned during the test. Here are some key points to be adhered to during the test.In
Book your Free Counselling Session now!