A Few Facts before You Move On To Registering For GMAT
- The GMAT is owned and managed by the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC). The official website for the GMAT is https://www.mba.com/global
- The test is offered throughout the year, not on any particular day(s). You can decide to take the test on a convenient day when you are prepared.
- GMAT test centres are present in over 30 Indian cities. Date or slot availability varies from centre to centre. The list of Indian cities with GMAT test centres is available at mba.com/india/the-gmat-exam/prepare-for-the-gmat-exam/plan-for-test-day/gmat-test-centers-india.aspx
- The GMAC develops and delivers the exam with the help of service providers, including Pearson VUE and ACT.
- Appointment slots for GMAT are booked on first-come-first-serve basis. You can check the availability of time slots at mba.com/india/service/testing/appointment-search.aspx
- Keep in mind that certain slots get filled quickly, so register well in advance. You can register for the exam up to 6 months in advance. If the suitable time slots are available, it is also possible to register just one day in advance.
- To write the GMAT in India, you must carry your valid, unexpired passport on the day of the examination as the identity proof. No document, other than the passport, is accepted as a proof of identity for taking the GMAT examination in India.
How to Register For GMAT Online
- To register for the GMAT, you need to have a GMAC account. You can create an account by clicking on http://accounts.gmac.com/Account/Register
- When you will create the GMAC account, you will be asked to choose your communication preferences. Decide whether you want to be contacted by business schools and whether you want to receive information from GMAC.
You can change these communication preferences at any time.
- To register for GMAT, Login to your account on mba.com. Click on “TAKE THE GMAT EXAM” to start the registration process. The process will take about half an hour.
- Fill in your name, gender, date of birth, email id, telephone, and nationality. All this information is mandatory.
- Make sure you enter your surname, given name, date of birth, and gender EXACTLY as they appear in your passport. In case there is any discrepancy, you will not be allowed to sit for the test.
- You can choose to provide other background data about yourself. This optional information includes languages spoken, education history, work experience, and graduate management study preferences. The advantage of providing this information is that graduate programs and scholarship programs will be able to find you and reach out to you through GMAC’s Graduate Management Admission Search Service (GMASS).
- Read about GMASS at https://www.mba.com/global/plan-for-business-school/choose-a-school/connect-with-schools/let-schools-find-you.aspx
- After filling in profile details, choose the Test Centre, Date, and time slot.
- Agree to all policies, terms and conditions set forth in the GMAT Handbook.
- The final step is payment. For online registration, the payment must be made by Credit Card or Debit Card. Read more about the payment methods at https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam/prepare-for-the-gmat-exam/plan-for-test-day/paying-for-the-gmat.aspx
- You will need a Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or JCB) or Debit card (Visa or MasterCard only) that allows international transactions.
- Some Indian banks will not allow debit cards to be used on the internet unless the merchant participates in Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code, which requires the customer to enter a pin number. The GMAC does not participate in this program. For payment issues, you can contact your Bank for help. Banks may issue their customers a one-time use card or remove the pin restriction so that the card can be used for the payment.
It is also possible to register for GMAT by phone, fax or email. Details are available at https://www.mba.com/global/frequently-asked-questions/about-the-gmat-exam.aspx
If you have disabilities that make it difficult to take the test in standard conditions, you can request accommodations such as extra time. Read more at https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam/register-test-taker-disabilities.aspx