|AGE|| No minimum age limit
1. A test taker, who is above 18 years old, can take GMAT without any parental authorisation
2. A test taker between 13-17 years must get an authorisation from a parent/legal guardian to take the GMAT
|EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS|| The GMAT is used for admission into educational programs that require applicants to have an undergraduate degree. However, the GMAT itself does not require any minimum educational qualification.
As the GMAT scores are valid for five years, you can take the GMAT examination even before you complete your undergraduate degree
|NATIONALITY|| Candidates of any nationality can take the GMAT
A valid passport is accepted as a proof of identity at every GMAT test center across the world
The examination is conducted in over 600 centers in 114 countries. Test center regulations and requirements for identity proof are different in different parts of the world.
|NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS|| After taking the GMAT, you must wait for at least 16 days before you can retake it
You cannot take the GMAT more than five times in any 12-month period
You cannot take the GMAT more than eight times over your lifetime. If you get a perfect score of 800, you cannot repeat the exam for at least the next 5 years!
IMPORTANT GMAT INFORMATION FOR TEST TAKERS:
- Log on to www.mba.com to register & book a test date.
- The registration details are usually confirmed within two days after which a GMAT appointment can be booked.
- In India, the only identification proof accepted at every GMAT test center is a valid passport.
- Unless the passport is valid on the day of the test, you will not be allowed to take the GMAT examination.
- The First Name, Last Name and Date of Birth given at the time of registration must match with the corresponding details on the identification proof presented by you on test day
GMAC, the owner and administrator of the GMAT, publishes The GMAT handbook, which is a comprehensive guide about the GMAT. You will have to agree to the terms and conditions stated in the Handbook when you register for the exam. The handbook covers a range of valuable and important information regarding the GMAT such as the rights and responsibilities of test takers, registration and scheduling instructions, fee policies, and procedures.
Download the GMAT handbook from: