What is the UK- TIER 4 Points-Based System?
In simple words, the UK Student Visa (Tier 4) is a points-based system, where, you need 40 points to apply for a student visa to the UK. This is fulfilled by the following:
- Study Acceptance: A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a university approved by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) which makes up for 30 points
- Funding Capacity: evidence of funding to pay for both your course tuition fees and your monthly living costs, which makes for the remaining 10 points
Eligibility requirements for the Student Visa under the UK-Tier 4 Points Based System
Some of the points in the eligibility criteria are:
- Have a valid CAS
- Be able to show proficiency in English (if required)
- Have a valid Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate if studying a relevant subject
- Not spending more than 2 years in the UK studying below degree level as a Tier 4 (General) migrant
- Not spending more than5 years studying at degree level or above
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have parental consent to study and care arrangements if they are under 18 years of age
- Applicants must not be in breach of immigration laws except as permitted under the Immigration Rules in relation to overstaying
The Student Visa lets you take up part-time work in the UK. It also, allows for flexibility to extend this visa, if you change your study plans and need to stay longer to complete your course. The visa also provides multiple entries, in and out of the UK, for the visa duration, which helps you further explore the beautiful country!
Book your Free Counselling Session now!