Starting July 26, 2023, TOEFL iBT® test takers will see several new enhancements. Best of all, the test will take just under 2 hours to complete. This makes it the shortest of the three most popular English-language tests.
Test Takers Will Experience
- A shortened TOEFL iBT test for administrations beginning July 26, 2023.
- The test will now take less than two hours to complete as compared to three hours.
- Streamlined instructions and navigation throughout the test
- A new, “Writing for an Academic Discussion” task, which replaces the previous Independent Writing task
- A shorter Reading section
- The removal of all unscored test questions
- A simplified registration process beginning July 2023.
- Test takers can create an account and register for an available TOEFL iBT test date quicker and easier than ever before.
- Increased score transparency beginning July 26, 2023.
- Test takers will see their official score release date upon completion of the test, in addition to receiving real-time notification of changes to their score status.
- More localized benefits, such as additional local payment options, effective immediately and expanded in the coming weeks.
- For the first time, test prices will be presented in their cart in INR.
A dedicated customer service center, effective immediately.
- This center is exclusively for Indian test takers, available 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Test takers will see their official score release date upon completion of the test, in addition to receiving real-time notification of changes to their score status.