There are reasons galore for studying abroad and one must tread carefully while making a decision. An abroad degree has a number of benefits, provided it is earned from an education destination of international repute.
Canada, which has some of the best universities in terms of academic standards and technology, is one of the most preferred study destinations for students around the world. There are a number of reasons for why almost everyone wants to study in Canada.
Canada offers many advantages in terms of the quality of education, with popular course choices being MBA in Canada, MS in Canada, etc.
While these factors are of paramount importance, personal safety and social milieu matter a lot. With its receptive and multicultural society, Canada is one of the best places to study in.
So, what makes Canada such a desirable study destination? Read further to know more.
WORLD CLASS EDUCATION
- The quality of education in Canada is at par with the universities in the United States and Europe
- Canadian college diplomas and degrees are recognised around the world
- Other than academics, the focus is also given on co-scholastic and extracurricular activities which help in developing skills like critical thinking, teamwork and inter personal skills
- As per the QS World University Ranking 2020, the top 5 Canadian universities are – University of Toronto, McGill University, University of British Columbia, University of Alberta and University of Montreal
- These universities have top-notch infrastructure, state-of-the-art laboratories, and a highly competitive study environment
RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES AND EXCELLENT TECHNOLOGY
- Canada provides excellent research opportunities to graduate students.
- Research scholarships are provided to students with excellent academic record
- Both the universities and the government lend full support to bright students with best research ideas
- In fact, the government and the industries are pretty likely to bear the cost of research provided it is highly innovative
- In terms of technology, Canada has strong telecommunications, digital media, biotech and aeronautical industries
- Also, Canada is the first country which linked its schools and libraries to the internet through the SchoolNet programme
AFFORDABLE EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- It is no less than a wonder that a highly developed place like Canada offers affordable education to students.
- Compared to most other top study destinations like the UK and the US, the cost of education and living in Canada are pretty affordable
- For instance, the tuition fee for UG in Canada at University of Toronto, which is one of the top ranked in Canada, varies between $42,870 and $49,800
- For master’s programme, the tuition fee is between $6,900 and $22,640
- There are many housing options available for students. There are student residencies which can cost you somewhere between 250 and 625 CAD per month
- The university arranged homestays cost between 400 and 800 CAD per month
- One can also go for rent and share apartments. The cost here is a bit higher, 300-1000 CAD per month
- When it comes to employment, the Canadian Government offers a work while you study programme to students. International students can work up to 20 hours per week during school terms, and full time, which is 30 hours per week during scheduled breaks. This goes a long way in helping with the expenses as one gets to earn while studying.
ENRICHING CULTURAL AND MULTILINGUAL SOCIETY
- Going to a different country for higher studies should not be limited to just the academics.
- A new country has a lot to offer in terms of culture, history, heritage, food, etc.
- Though English and French are the official languages, you will quite often hear greetings in other languages too
- This is because there are a lot of international students and immigrants from different countries
- Canada has a vibrant cultural scene. Each province has something interesting to offer to the international students
- If you are a music lover, then you must attend the Montreal International Jazz Festival which draws more than 3000 artists from around the world
SAFE AND STUDENT FRIENDLY
- Moving to a different country with unfamiliar surroundings and people can be daunting. Apprehensions regarding personal safety are also quite natural.
- But with Canada, one can be rest assured as it is a very student friendly country.
- The country has an international reputation of having a tolerant and non-discriminatory society
- The fundamental rights and freedom of those living in Canada are protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- The health care and medical insurance policies are inexpensive in most of the hospitals
Thus, it is evident that Canada offers a bountiful of advantages in terms of quality of education, research, and life, all being at par with other places in the United States and Europe. The best part is that it offers all this at a relatively affordable price. And not to ignore, Canada is one of the most immigrant-friendly nations with an attractive stay back option.
If you are planning to study in Canada, Manya Education can help you make your dream come true with its thoroughly professional and meticulous admission consulting and editing services.
For more information, call our Study Abroad Helpline 1800 102 4646
(Visited 94 times, 1 visits today) Book your Free Counselling Session now!