The Lion City – Singapore, with its vastly growing economic and financial success is one of the top choices for students aspiring to study abroad. Ranked 5th in the QS Best Student Cities, Singapore is one of the most desirable cities/destinations for students in Asia and the world. With a high employability rate of graduates from Singapore, it stands 12th in the Employer Activity Indicator as well.
This article talks about the attractive features/reasons for students to study in Singapore; MBA in Singapore; and some of the top business schools in Singapore with distinctive program features, employability rate, global partnerships and networking opportunities.
Let us walk through the major reasons for Singapore’s desirability for its high-quality MBA education:
- With the quality of education focusing on the holistic development of students, research and innovation, Singapore is home to exceptional B-schools including top universities, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and the National University of Singapore (NUS), both now ranked a joint 11th in the QS World University Rankings® 2020
- Although tuition in Singapore is high, universities offer a variety of scholarships to international students
- The standard of living is one of the most attractive factors of Singapore with its focus on healthcare and safety
- Singapore is a diverse society comprising Chinese, Eurasian, Indian and Malay population which gives the chance to experience different cultures and learn from the diverse cohort of the B-schools
- There are plenty of schemes to facilitate employment for graduates from a reputable university working in managerial, executive and specialized jobs, such as the Employment Pass Scheme allowing proficient people to work in Singapore within the minimum salary range of S$3,600 (~USD2, 600) and the Entrepreneur Pass Scheme encouraging “innovative” business ideas with no minimum salary criteria
Please check our exclusive list of the top MBA universities in Singapore below:
|University (Global Ranking)
||Programs of study
||Mean Salary (Post MBA)
||Employed after three months of degree (%)
||International Students numbers
|National University of Singapore Business School (QS #11, Times Higher #25, FT #20)
|Nanyang Business School, NTU Singapore (QS #11, Timeshigher #48, Ft #35)
||Professional MBA , Nanyang MBA, E MBA
|Singapore Management University: Lee Kong Chian (QS #477, FT #63)
||MBA, E MBA
|INSEAD Business School (FT #4)
||MBA, Global Executive MBA
Source: Financial Times Global Ranking 2020
National University of Singapore Business School
The MBA curriculum integrating Western Business Models with an Asian perspective, aims to merge the East and the West. NUS is gloriously accredited by the world’s most widely recognised quality assurance standards for accounting and business education, such as European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
NUS provides the choice to tailor your MBA to your objectives by allowing you to choose from multiple ranges of subjects such as Finance, Marketing, Healthcare and Management, Strategy and Organisation, Digital Business, etc.
Duration: 2 Semesters (1 Year) – Full-Time
- Employability: In the class of 2018, 94% of students got employed after 3 months of graduation; 80% of students found jobs through the Career Services Office and school-facilitated activities. Average salary: US$ 153,216 (FT Global MBA Rankings, 2019)
- Partnerships and Exchange programs: The University provides global exposure to universities all across the word such as – Columbia Business School; New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business; York University Schulich School of Business; London Business School, United Kingdom; The Chinese University of Hong Kong Faculty of Business Administration,
- Networking opportunities: NUS MBA graduates become a part of a network consisting of more than 38,000 business school graduates and 288,000 university alumni from diverse disciplines
Did you know that NUS has 1.5 million titles kept in seven libraries?
Nanyang Business School- NTU
With an innovative pedagogy, outstanding research works, focus on real-world business practices, Nanyang Business School is highly accredited by EQUIS and AACSB.
Duration: 12 months (Full-Time)
- Employability: 98% of students employed within 3 months from graduation, with an average annual salary of USD 132,288
- Partnerships and Exchange programs: The university has partnerships with reputed B-schools such as Wharton; Tepper School of Business (Carnegie Mellon University); Cornell University; University of California Berkeley and many more to provide students with global exposure
- Networking opportunities: The NTU Alumni Community comprising NTU Alumni Business Association, NTU Alumni Associations (Overseas) and NBS Ambassadors help students to network and land desirable jobs
Singapore Management University
Singapore Management University, renowned for its specialised range of subjects is ranked joint 500th in the World University Rankings and 78th in Asia; placed within the global top 100 for accounting, economics and business in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018.
The Centre of Management Practice (CMP) at SMU focuses on emerging trends, best practices and cutting-edge business models within Asia’s markets. With an average age of 30, and 5 to 7 years of work experience; the class comprises 65% international students.
Duration: 15 months, with the possibility to complete in 10
- Employability: Most of the graduates get employment offers after 6-months of graduation with average salary up to S$153k per annum
- Partnerships and Exchange programs: SMU has a partnership with the University of British Columbia Sauder School of Business, Canada; KEIO University, Japan; Seoul National University, South Korea; Peking University, China; IE Business School, Spain, etc.
- Networking opportunities: Along with the SMU Alumni Mentoring Programme, SMU has SMU Industry Connect programme and Alumni Job Board to help students build a strong professional network and apply for multiple jobs
The French Business School with a connected campus in Singapore is ranked 4th in the Financial Times ranking. Being accredited by (EQUIS) and (AACSB), Insead is one of the largest graduate business schools with 1,300 MBA participants. Also, Insead has a glorious representation of students from 88 nationalities and 351 women strength in the class (representing 34 % of the batch).
Duration: 10 months
- Employability: 92% students get employed after 3 months, with 79% of students changing careers (sector, country of work or job function), with 61 countries of employment with an average salary of 105,900 USD
- Partnerships and Exchange programs: Insead has a partnership with Wharton which provides full access to Wharton’s career management services in addition to INSEAD’s. Apart from this, the university shares partnerships with Kellogg School of Management, North-western University; China Europe International Business School – (Shanghai, China)
- Networking opportunities: The Insead Alumni Association (IAA) has a pool of diverse alumni network of over 28,000+ members worldwide; from across 176 countries with 163 nationalities
Additionally, there are over 90 types of scholarships available for students in Insead.
If you have made up your mind to study in Singapore, then what are you waiting for? Book an appointment with the expert and figure out how to build your profile further!!
For more information, call our Study Abroad Helpline 1800 102 4646
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today) Book your Free Counselling Session now!