In locations like the US and US territories, Canada#, Puerto Rico, the ACT test is administered on seven test dates; however, in other locations like India, there are six dates allotted for the ACT. Here is the link to the International Test Dates.
# Note: From September 2018, Canada will move to international computer-based testing model.
Things to Consider While Choosing Act Test Date
- It should preferably be scheduled post-sophomore (after 10th Standard) year as by then the student would get well acquainted with the concept of Algebra and Geometry, which forms a major part of the ACT curriculum. However, it is possible to learn these additional concepts early and take the test before 10th Standard.
- Before finalizing the date, the examinee should be thorough with the admission and scholarship deadlines. The score report should be ready at least a few days before the deadline. Ideally one should start preparing for ACT a year before the deadline and choose a test date a couple of months before the application deadline.
- The exam date should be scheduled only when the student has the time to focus on the test and test-prep.. One should not schedule it while preoccupied with summer jobs or extracurricular activities.
- The examination is not recommended to be taken for more than three times.
- June/ September appears to be the most feasible time to take the test as the summer break provides ample time for the student to prepare for the test.
The first administration of the computer-based ACT to international examinees is scheduled for September 2018. Post September the paper version of the ACT will not be available for students outside the USA.
The list of test centers that have the technical capability to deliver the computer based ACT, along with a few new commercial testing centers will be made official and public to Indian students by September 2018.
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline|
|Sep 7-8, 2018||Aug 10, 2018||Aug 11-31, 2018|
|Oct 26-27, 2018||Sep 28, 2018||Sep 29 to Oct 19, 2018|
|Dec 7-8, 2018||Nov 2, 2018||Nov 3-30, 2018|
|Feb 8-9, 2019||Jan 11, 2019||Jan 12 to Feb 1, 2019|
|Apr 12-13, 2019||Mar 8, 2019||Mar 9 to Apr 5, 2019|
|June 7-8, 2019||May 3, 2019||May 4-31, 2019|
For each of the two days within a testing window from September 2018, there will be morning and afternoon sessions offered. Session availability may vary by test center.