The American College Testing (ACT) is standardised test that admission officers at US colleges use to compare undergraduate applicants and ascertain their college readiness. The ACT comprises four subject areas – English, Math, Reading, and Science. The ACT with Writing includes an additional 40-minute Writing test.
ACT Quick Facts
- Frequency: 4-6 times depending on the state and country
- Subject Area Test: English, Math, Reading, Science; ACT Plus Writing includes an optional Essay.
- Duration: 2 hours 55 minutes; 3 hours 35 minutes including essay
- ACT fees (in India): $103.50 inclusive of $57.50 International Fee
- ACT Plus writing fees (in India): $120 inclusive of $57.50 International Fee
- Max Score: 36
- Average Score: 21
The Composite score is the average of the four subject area test scores while the Essay scores are reported separately.
To know about the differences between ACT and SAT, click here .
Please get in touch with us. Click on Enquire Now tab and fill in the form if you wish to be contacted about ACT preparation courses.