The UK is one of the countries which come to mind while planning for overseas education. The UK stands in the 2nd position amongst the world’s most desirable and leading destinations for higher education, with four of its universities making to the top 10 among the best universities in the world.
With leading research and innovation and multiple scholarships and grants, the UK continues to attract global talent for higher education. Also, there are excellent employment opportunities in the form of internships, research and teaching assistantships, along with a chance to work part-time to manage expenses. Moreover, a shorter course duration which lets you complete your post-graduate studies in one-year (course-specific) is also one of the top reasons to study in the UK.
As you might know that one of the important aspects of getting an education in the UK is getting your English language proficiency test- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS). However, there are ways in which you can get an admission in some of the leading universities in the UK without an IELTS. This article explores some of the conditions in which you can get admission without IELTS, along with a list of universities offering the same.
In certain universities it is possible to study in the UK without the English language proficiency exam- IELTS with the following conditions:
- Some universities estimate your proficiency in the English language through different methods, one of which is – if you had an English medium education in your high school which means all your instruction were given in English
- Your high school score in English is also taken into consideration by some universities. If you scored above 60% in your 10th and 12th in English, you are eligible to take admission in some universities
- Also, some universities take an online interview to assess your proficiency in English
Let us explore these universities that offer an IELTS waiver, and their best features as well
University of Bristol
The University of Bristol is ranked 9th in the United Kingdom and 11th in Europe according to the rankings, making its position among the world’s top 50 universities. Consistently making its mark as one of the top 5 universities targeted by top employers for the fifth year in a row, the university boasts as the hub for organisations such as PwC, Goldman Sachs, BP, HSBC, Rolls-Royce, Unilever, the BBC, Jaguar Land Rover and the NHS for hiring its graduates.
Additionally, Innovation & Enterprise, Global Citizenship and Sustainable Futures are the three themes the university is built around.
Best Features of the University of Bristol
- Bristol has collaborations with more than 40 countries around the globe which aims to work for the benefit of the society towards health, alleviating poverty, preparing for natural hazards, uncovering the impacts of wars and migration, driving technological innovation, and much, much more
- You will be thrilled to know that the UK-Irish collaboration recently awarded £1.6 million dedicated to promoting the work related to quantum thermodynamics
- The university offers a Global Transfer Program in the partner universities across the globe. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, University of Hyderabad and Jadavpur University are the Indian Universities that participate in this program
- The University was the first higher education institution in the UK to admit men and women on an equal basis
- The university boasts of sustainability as a part of everything they do: research, curricula, buildings and student experience as well
University of Northampton
The University of Northampton is another university which offers an IELTS waiver to international students. Northampton is one of the few universities to be ranked Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) where colleges and private providers are judged on the quality of the education they provide. One of the youngest universities in the UK, Northampton is adding value to society through its social impact which is why the university is the first in the UK to be named as the Changemaker Campus in 2013.
Best Features of the University of Northampton:
- The university has a brand new Waterside campus
- In 2015, the University delivered over £800,000 worth of extra-curricular students volunteering to the local community
- One of the leading destinations for an MBA in the UK, the University was shortlisted for the third year in a row in the ‘Business School of the Year’ category of the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards in 2015
- The university ranked first in the Midlands Business Awards Most Enterprising University of the Year- 2014
University of Plymouth
One of the universities leading in the work and research around marine and maritime environments and societies, the University of Plymouth ranks as the Innovators for a Sustainable Ocean: World Ocean Week 2020.
Best Features of the University of Plymouth
- The university won The Queen’s Anniversary Prize for pioneering research on marine micro-plastics pollution and its impact on the environment and changing behaviour
- The university’s research on the effects of marine plastics on our environment led by Professor Richard Thompson OBE has an immense influence on national and international legislation
- There is a dedicated staff to supervise students – whether you choose a taught master’s programme or undertake a research degree, which provides you with an edge in your training and future
- The university’s Arts Institute (formerly Peninsula Arts) works to support established, mew and emerging artists from around the world
Some of the other universities in the UK which offer IELTS waiver for admission are:
- University of Warwick
- University of Greenwich
- Birmingham City University
- Audencia Nantes School of Management
- Aston University, Birmingham
- Riga Technical University
- University of Geneva
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Central Lancashire
- London Southbank University
- Northumbria University
- Robert Gordon University
- The University of Bolton
- Portsmouth University
- University of Basel
- Swansea University
For more information, call our Study Abroad Helpline 1800 102 4646
(Visited 101 times, 1 visits today) Book your Free Counselling Session now!