The latest news, which has arrived from the Government of Australia, serves as a huge sigh of relief for international applicants and students. The highlights are provided below.
International students in Australia serve as great contributors to the Australian economy, contributing $40 billion dollars per annum and supporting 250,000 jobs. In addition, Australia is known as an immigrant-friendly nation, which makes it a priority destination for international students.
Here are the following five visa changes made by the Australian government to provide relief to international students during this unprecedented period. The changes provide assurance to international students already in Australia, and those who haven’t been able to travel due to COVID-19 border closures.
- The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19.
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to COVID-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
As per the Australian Government, while the health of Australians is key, international students should not be further disadvantaged by COVID-19.
(Visited 85 times, 1 visits today) Book your Free Counselling Session now!