Canada is indisputably one of the top study abroad destinations. The fact that 30 Canadian educational institutions are among the best in the world (Source: Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2020) speaks volumes about the world-class education and state-of-the-art infrastructure extended by the Canadian universities. In fact, the quality of Canadian universities is considered at par with the quality of US universities.
Canadian institutions offer a plethora of advantages:
- Top-notch quality of education
- Cheaper study options
- Simple application process
- Opportunities for permanent residency
As per the QS World University Rankings 2021, the top Canadian universities (along with their base city) are:
|Ranking in Canada||Global Ranking||University||City|
|1||25||University of Toronto||Toronto|
|3||45||University of British Columbia||Vancouver|
|4||118||University of Montreal||Montreal|
|5||119||University of Alberta||Edmonton|
|7||166||University of Waterloo||Waterloo|
The University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia score higher in terms of their research impact, i.e. these institutions produce high-quality academic work.
- The University of Toronto (founded in 1827) is one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, driven to invent and innovate. Here are some facts and figures:
- Over 980 study programmes
- 90,077 enrolments
- $1.1 billion research funds awarded
- 21,556 faculty and staff members
- Approx. 33% of students are international students
Students get to choose from 1000+ diverse organisations and student groups, depending on their interest in athletic teams, arts and culture, academic associations and community involvement.
- Founded in 1821, McGill University is recognised around the world for its excellent teaching and research programmes
- Ernest Rutherford’s Nobel Prize-winning research on the nature of radioactivity was conducted at McGill University
- The prestigious Rhodes Scholarship has been offered to 145 McGill students
- Approx. 37% of students are international students
- The University of British Columbia (UBC) is well-known for its teaching, learning and research. It has consistently been one of the top 20 public universities in the world and was recently recognised as North America’s most international university
- The Vancouver Campus and the Okanagan Campus house more than 58,000 students from Canada and 140 other countries
- UBC provides $650million for research funding each year. With its partnerships with other universities, government and communities worldwide, the research at UBC has global reach and impact
- University of Alberta: With more than 200 undergraduate programmes and 500 plus graduate programmes, the University of Alberta offers a diverse study structure to students
- The University has 40,061 students enrolled currently from 156 countries
- The university research experts are seasoned experts in both established and emerging fields including health, artificial intelligence, energy, food safety and security, nanotechnology, etc.
Other than the world-class education, Canada offers an enriching cultural and multilingual, safe and student-friendly society.
Manya Education holds an impeccable record of placing study aspirants in formidable Canadian universities. In case you are eyeing Canada as a study destination and wish to seek our expert guidance, contact us now!