Being the third most sought-after study abroad destination, Australia attracts a large number of international students every year. A huge number of students from around the world look for admission in Australia. There are a plethora of applications for both undergraduate courses in Australia and master’s courses in Australia.
- In 2018, 869,709 international students were enrolled in education programmes in Australia, which was about 8.8% higher than in the year 2017
When it comes to universities in Australia for PhD, there is no dearth of good institutions. There are 43 universities in Australia, all of which are publicly funded, and supported/ accredited by the Australian Government.
Similarly, for MBA universities in Australia, there are several options. Melbourne Business School holds a global rank of 26.
Technical and Further Education (TAFE) is another higher education institution. It focuses on practical and professional training, and offers some postgraduate qualifications at or around a master’s level. PhD degrees are not awarded though.
In terms of higher education, Australia has several university associations or ‘mission groups’. These ensure quality and uniformity, while at the same time, maintaining the standard of education.
The Group of Eight (Go8): This is an elite organisation consisting of 8 research-intensive universities. Incorporated in 1999 and based in Canberra, and with 7 of its members in the world’s top 100 universities, Go8 has influenced the development of national higher education.
Here is the list of Go8 members:
- The Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Queensland
- Monash University
- The University of Western Australia
- It is worth noting that Go8 research contributes $24.5 billion each year and directly supports more than 50,000 jobs.
Innovative Research Universities (IRU): Consisting of 7 universities, it focuses on pioneering and inclusive teaching & research.
List of member universities:
- Charles Darwin University
- James Cook University
- Griffith University
- La Trobe University
- Flinders University
- Murdoch University
- Western Sydney University
- These universities together enrol over 209,000 students, including around 45,000 international students
- 89% of IRU’s research is ranked at world standard or above
Regional Universities Network (RUN): With seven universities, which are located in the rural areas of Australia, RUN is committed to playing a transformative role in education and research. It was established in 2011 and originally had six members. The seventh member, that is, Charles Sturt University, joined in the year 2019.
List of member universities:
- CQ University
- Southern Cross University
- Federation University Australia
- University of New England
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- Charles Sturt University
Australian Technology Network (ATN): This group focuses on industrial and enterprise partnerships, including the establishment of an Industry Doctoral Training Centre. It has four universities in total:
- The University of Technology Sydney
- RMIT University
- The University of South Australia
- Curtin University
- This group has deep expertise in the application and interpretation of the latest technologies and big data
It is evident that Australia holds abundant opportunities for students with study abroad plans. With proper guidance and timely action, the entire admission process can be simplified. This is exactly what the overseas education consultants at Manya Education excel at. Call us!
Find Your Dream University
If you are planning to study abroad and searching to match your profile with the best suited university, Experts at Manya Education have gathered important information of top Universities from abroad. Surely, this information will help you narrow down your quest for universities.
You can access accurate & authentic information related to rankings, application fees, average tuition fees, cost of living, scholarships, latest updates, and much more from more than 1000+ universities. You may also search for universities by name, country, or courses in common specializations, such as Physics, Finance, Business, Language and Culture, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Computer and IT, Media and Communication Marketing.
Manya Education offers end-to-end study abroad services encompassing admissions consulting services, test preparation, English language training, career assessment, and international internship opportunities to study abroad aspirants.