THIS BLOG INCLUDES:
1.IGCSE Math Involves Three Levels: Core, Extended and Additional
2.Benefits of Choosing IGCSE Math Online Tutoring
One-to-one tutoring services has been the trend for a long time now. The personal touch in knowledge transfer from the tutor to the student. And this service has been popular and in demand as it is more efficient compared to the traditional teaching methods of in class teaching.
Studies and surveys conducted by educators from time to time have shown that students attending the one-to-one classes perform better academically compared to the students who don’t.
And what with the onset of corona virus this one-on-one has moved to online platform. What with the advancement boom in the technology more specifically the internet, this online tutoring has moved do a different level of comfort for the students, tutors and parents equally. And Mathematics being the most challenging subject among the students, the e-tutoring has proven handy in all aspects.
Before moving on to choosing the right IGCSE (International General Certificate on Secondary Education) mathematics online tutor, let us explore the curriculum and understand it in depth. The IGCSE is a Cambridge International programme for the 9th and 10th grades students at international school and is the most popular international qualification for students worldwide between the ages of 14 and 16 years.
This programme develops the students’ knowledge, understanding and skills in the following areas:
- Subject content
- Application of the acquired knowledge in the familiar and new situations
- Flexibility and Adaptability to change
- Improving their leaning outcomes
- Cultural Awareness
- Creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving
Let’s move to the specific IGSCE subject- Mathematics. An essential subject for all students, Cambridge IGCSE mathematics syllabus:
- Helps building the students’ ability, confidence and the ease in using their use of techniques without the use of calculator, and thus increasing the mathematical understanding.
- Encourages the students’ reasoning and analytical skills.
- Emphasizes problem solving in mathematics and real-life contexts.
- Enables better communication and reasoning mathematically.
- Helps students of all abilities to achieve and progress in mathematical studies.
IGCSE Math Involves Three Levels: Core, Extended and Additional
Topics will be the same for Core and Extended, only the extension with the advanced knowledge will be for the students who take up the Extended Level.
Nine topics are covered in both the core and extended levels.
- Algebra and Graphs
- Coordinate Geometry
- Vectors and Transformations
IGCSE Core Level
The content covered in this level is the most core knowledge covered in the 9th and 10th grades. This level is to be considered by students who want to pursue a career not related to Mathematics. So, if they put in the necessary hard efforts, the students can achieve good results.
IGCSE Extended Level
This level is more for the students who have a good foundation and a strong interest in the subject. The content goes deeper than the Core through an extension on each topic. Again, suitable for students who want to pursue a career related to math.
IGCSE Additional Level
Most suitable for students with a vast subject knowledge and interest in analytical and logical skills and want to pursue their career as professors or researchers.
With such a demanding curriculum, a tutor becomes mandatory to help the student beyond the scope of the classroom.
So, how would you choose a perfect IGCSE online tutor for your child? What the guidelines you would keep in mind?
Benefits of Choosing IGCSE Math Online Tutoring
Definitely we would want to go for an online tutor. Online tutoring platform provides with the wide range of choices to select from. Just go the through the reviews and based on that make your decision that best fits your needs.
- Improves the academic performance of the student: A good tutor identifies and corrects the struggles of a child, guides him to prepare for the tests and helps him with the assignments. The tutor also ensures that the child is able to implement the concepts learned at the right place in the right way. All these helps the child to get better grades and improve his performance.
- Customizes teaching strategy coupled with modern technology: A tutor has various teaching strategies up his sleeve. On assessment of the child’s strengths, needs and interests, the tutor uses the be-fitting tools and strategies. This customization helps the child learn effectively. Various modern-day technologies like chat comments, whiteboard, file sharing, presentations are used to conduct the classes, enabling the child to learn the techniques and get the benefits as university student or employee.
- Improves the student’s study habits: The tutor is a mentor and motivator. The skills that the child learns works for the class and beyond. In addition to improving the learning skills, the tutor identifies the non-efficient methods and apprises the child accordingly.
- Helps develop the problem-solving skills: The child who struggles in studying finds it difficult to solve challenging problems. The tutor helps him with the efficient problem-solving skills.
- Builds confidence in the students with learning disabilities: Such students retract themselves from the crowd and will refrain themselves from asking any questions or getting their doubts cleared. The tutor makes the child comfortable in communicating freely and asking questions confidently.
- Gives personalized and instant feedback: Online tutoring has the greatest advantage to provide the instant feedback and so the child’s weaknesses will be addressed promptly. The child as a result has a better potential for growth in the overall knowledge base.
- Diversity: Usually a tutor is expert in more than one subject. So, through the year, when the child wants help in another subject, his tutor can help him. Thus, the need to get another tutor and going the through same process of getting used to the new tutor Is not needed.
- Few distractions and comfort of the home: The tutor and child both do not need to travel and can take the classes from the comfort of the home. The parents do not need to take out time from their schedule to drop and pick up the child in case of a location restricted one-to-one tutoring. The one-to one tutor provided tuitions with undivided attention.
In addition to the benefits of the online tutoring help, courses resources are available on the internet and the child can assess them easily from anywhere and get benefitted. The resources available on the various websites are either content explained as interactive lessons or practice tests. The practice tests may be of different difficulty levels
Get your personalized tutor now!!! Happy learning.
Manya – The Princeton Review Advantage
Manya – The Princeton Review offers end-to-end study abroad services encompassing admissions consulting services, test preparation, English language training, career assessment, and international internship opportunities to study abroad aspirants. Founded in 2002, Manya holds an impeccable track record of enabling more than 4 lac students to accomplish their study abroad dreams through its network of 47+ centers across India.
Manya has formed long-lasting global alliances with several market leaders in the education industry in order to maximize the benefits of its large service portfolio. Their list of esteemed partners and affiliations includes – The Princeton Review (TPR), Cambridge University Press (CUP), Cogito Hub, British Council, Tuding to name a few. Manya has also forged 600+ partnerships with international universities across top study abroad destinations.
Book your Free Counselling Session now!
What is the difference between IGCSE math 0580 and 0980?
The difference between math 0580 and 0980 is the grading system. Where 0980 is measured in the numbers 9-1. 0580 is measured on the scale of A* -G.
What are the hardest topics in IGCSE Math?
Converting decimals to fractions, finding nth terms, solving quadratic equations, and rearranging equations to find the subject. Prime factorization, intersecting a curve, fractional indices, and rationalizing denominators. Thus, these are the hardest topics in IGCSE math.
How many hours are in IGCSE math?
About 4-5 hours daily, which also depended upon the ability of the child as a learner. Thus, one should spend this many hours in IGCSE math.
How can I get full marks in Math IGCSE?
Plan ahead, Study smart with useful study materials, dive deeper into the mistakes you made and attempt practice papers. Thus, one can get full marks in Math IGCSE.
How many marks does one need to pass IGCSE math?
The total score in the IGCSE math subject is 240. And the average score required 120. But the passing marks could vary depending on the IGCSE curriculum which keeps updating. The passing marks are between 50-120 for IGCSE math.