TOEFL, the test is essentially sought by universities and organizations in English-speaking countries, most non-English speaking countries too have listed this as a requirement, primarily because English has become a widespread and popular medium for communication. To take the test, a candidate just needs to register. However, it is advisable to check the minimum score requirements of the particular university or organization you are planning to apply.
Let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria for TOEFL:
At first, you must know that TOEFL test (both TOEFL-IBT and TOEFL-PBT) is open to all.
- In order to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), you need to have passed in 10+2 from any recognised Indian Board or University.
- If you are a high school student or are studying at a higher level you can take this test to get your TOEFL score. The test measures your proficiency over the English Language so that you can study and work in the United States. The TOEFL score is mostly accepted by the institutions of the United States and outside.
- Some of the Institutes do not ask for the TOEFL score from certain international applicants. These categories include:
- Non-native speakers having degrees or diplomas from post-secondary institutions in English-speaking countries such as the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Non-native speakers completed at least a two-year course of study where English was the language of instruction.
- Students who have transferred from institutions in the United States or Canada having a well-evaluated academic course work in relation to the demand and duration of the test.
- If you are a non-native speaker and have taken the TOEFL test in the past two years.
- If you are a non-native speaker and have successfully pursued academic work at English speaking schools in an English-speaking country for a specified period, usually of two years
Fees for TOEFL:
The Registration fee for taking TOEFL in India is $165 (Registration Fees vary by country.)
- Along with the TOEFL test fee you need to have one test taker’s score report, and up to four official score reports, which will be directly sent to institutions or agencies that you select by ETS.
- Late registration Fees – $25
- Rescheduling Fees – $50
- Reinstatement of cancelled TOEFL IBT scores – $20
- Additional score reports (per institution or agency) – $17 each
- TOEFL IBT Speaking or Writing Section rescore – $60
- TOEFL IBT Speaking and Writing Section rescore – $120
- Returned personal check (paper or electronic) – $20
Payment can be made by:
- Credit card (If you are applying online) – American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or VISA
- Electronic check (e-checks) drawn on a U.S. based bank
- Cheque payable to “ETS-TOEFL IBT”
- Money order
Please note that the payment cannot be made in Indian rupees.