The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is an assessment test taken by students, who are aspiring to pursue a management course at one of the business schools around the world. Almost every business school has a similar application process for students, who submit their candidacy with an application form along with their GMAT score.
The GMAT exam is a computer adaptive test. It has 4 sections – Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning, and Analytical Writing Analysis (AWA).
THIS BLOG INCLUDES:
1.GMAT Eligibility Criteria for Top MBA Colleges in India
2.The GMAT Cut-offs at Indian B-Schools
3.Top MBA Colleges in Delhi/NCR that Accept GMAT Score
GMAT Preparation helps candidates gain a thorough understanding of the GMAT exam syllabus. It requires at least two months and up to six months to finish the entire GMAT course.
Diagnostic tests are essential for GMAT preparation. Candidates identify their strengths and weaknesses based on their GMAT scores. GMAT preparation tips assist aspirants in understanding the GMAT quantitative, and GMAT verbal concepts prior to the exam.
GMAT Eligibility Criteria for Top MBA Colleges in India
The GMAT accepting colleges in India ask for work experience as one of the main GMAT eligibility criteria. The majority of GMAT accepting colleges in India prefer 3-5 years of work experience. The reason behind concluding for these criteria is:
- The authorities prefer scholars from different fields to project their knowledge in the classroom;
- Managing the dynamic course class of the top Indian business seminaries will be difficult, if the candidate has lack of contemporary business knowledge;
- The work experience needed for GMAT states having a job part in a managerial/ professional part for maintaining faculty in the ongoing class programs;
- A candidate having a vast knowledge of the business sphere will notice a fast growth in the MBA programs.
Want to Know How Much Prepared You Are?
Take a Quiz Now!
The GMAT Cut-offs at Indian B-Schools
What GMAT score do i need for MBA? With Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores, it has become an essential part of management admission procedures across the country. These management schools create the best management professionals, and thus rely on GMAT scores as their eligibility criteria. It is not possible for the b-schools to admit every student, and hence, this test helps them in making the selection. Given below, is the list of GMAT cut off for top MBA colleges accepting GMAT in India.
|Name of B School
||Name of Course
||GMAT cutoff (average)
||ePost Graduate Program (EPGP) & Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives (PGPX)
||ePost Graduate Program (EPGP)
||MBA for Executive Program (MBAEX)
||International Program in Management for Executives (IPMX)
||ePost Graduate Program (EPGP)
||Post Graduate Program (PGP)
||Global MBA – GMBA & MBA
||Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Executive
||MBA (GMAT only for NRI or Foreign Nationals)
||General Management Program
Founded in 1961, IIM Ahmedabad is well-known for its top-ranked PGP (MBA) programme. It is ranked first in India by the IIRF Rankings 2023 and NIRF Rankings 2022, first in Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings, and 62nd globally in the FT Rankings.
IIM Ahmedabad also offers MBA-PGPX for experienced professionals, MBA-FABM for food and agriculture business management, and ePGD in advanced business analytics in addition to the PGP programme. GMAT score is required to get into IIM Ahmedabad: IIM Ahmedabad GMAT cut off will be 700 in 2023.
- Admission will be based on the CAT score required for IIM Ahmedabad. CAT registration will be open this year from August 3 to September 23.
- The CAT exam will be held in the month of November.
- Personal Interview: This interview typically lasts 30-45 minutes. The interview could consist of two or three panels.
- The interview’s content is determined by your work experience, the interviewer’s profile, and the interviewer’s mood. Some would grill, while others would relax.
Does IIM Bangalore accept GMAT scores? IIM Bangalore is well-known for its flagship PGP (Equivalent to MBA) programme. IIMB is widely regarded as one of the top business schools in India and Central Asia. Aside from providing an excellent learning environment, the institute is also well-known for its high ROI.
IIM Bangalore’s flagship MBA programme costs around INR. 24.5 LPA, with an average CTC of INR 33.8 LPA for the 2022 batch, making it one of the best B-Schools in the country in terms of high ROI. For MBA admissions, IIM Bangalore considers the CAT score.
- IIM Bangalore eligibility criteria requires that the candidate have a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45% for candidates from the SC/ST/PwD categories).
- To be eligible for admission to IIM Bangalore, the candidate must take the CAT exam, and achieve the minimum sectional and overall score.
||MBA Admission 2023: Percentage weight on a scale of 100
||Key change from last year
|Personal Interview (PI)
||Increased from 30% last year
|CAT 2022 score
|10th Class board marks
|12th class board marks
||Increased from 5% last year
|Bachelor’s degree marks
||Reduced from 10% last year
|Work experience/Professional Qualification
After IIM Bangalore and Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta’s GMAT cut-off requiresmore than 700 GMAT Score for IIM Executive MBA. IIM Calcutta – The Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta is one of the country’s top and oldest IIMs. IIM Calcutta is well-known for pioneering financial education. IIM Calcutta, founded in 1961, is ranked third in the Management Category by NIRF 2022 and Outlook-ICARE.
- Students must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% in aggregate or an equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates from the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and Persons with Disabilities categories will be given a 5% pay cut.
- Candidates are shortlisted for the PI-WAT round based on their CAT percentile. Students who are shortlisted are invited to the PI-WAT Round.
- Candidates are chosen based on their overall performance in the PI-WAT, CAT scores, academic scores, work experience, and diversity.
Admission to IIM Lucknow EFPM 2023 is open until March 10, 2023. IIM Lucknow IPMX GMAT cut off is 710+. The application fee for the IIML EFPM is INR 1000 for the unreserved category and INR 500 for the reserved category. Candidates should apply online at www.iiml.ac.in/efpm-instructions.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline or an equivalent academic pursuit (i.e. 10+2+3) with at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- As of March 31, 2020, students must have at least 5 years of full-time post-qualification (after graduation) professional experience (Work experience certificate or salary slips would be required as proof).
- GMAT test scores are taken between 16-11-2019 and 15-11-2019 for Phase 1 applicants and between 26-01-2015 and 25-01-2020 for Phase 2 applicants.
- The student must have Completed application form and Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- GMAT score
- Five years of professional experience
- Personal Interview
IIM Indore EPGP: GMAT cut off is 700+, IIM Indore Interview Schedule is being released. The provisional shortlist for the PI of the PGP and PGP HRM batches of 2023-25 has been released by IIM Indore.
IIM Indore EFPM Admission 2023: IIM Indore Admission 2023 is now open for the EFPM programme for the academic year 2023. The deadline for applying is February 28, 2023. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to a personal interview between March and April 2023.
IIM Indore PGP HRM Admissions: IIM Indore PGP HRM Admissions are now open. IIRF 2023 ranked IIM Indore as the 12th Best B-School (Govt.) in the Management Category.
- IIM Indore Admission Eligibility Criteria is that, in addition to a recognised graduate degree, the candidate must take the CAT 2022 exam and achieve the minimum prescribed sectional and overall score to be considered for admission.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA rather than marks, the equivalence used to determine PGP admission eligibility will be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university where the bachelor’s degree was obtained.
- Candidates in their final year of a bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination, as well as those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results, are all eligible to apply for IIM Indore Admission 2023.
- All shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in the final selection round for admission to IIM Indore.
- After the final admission round, the selection criteria at IIM Indore award 40% weight to Personal Interview (PI); no weight to Writing Ability Test (WAT); 20% weight to Class 10 & 12 Marks; and 20% weight to CAT 2022 overall Score.
||Weightage Points out of 100
|CAT 2022 Score
|Personal Interview (PI)
|Written Ability Test (WAT)
|| Will Not be Conducted
|Class 10 Marks
|Class 12 Marks
|Total Weightage points
Check Your Score Now with a Free Practice Test
See where you stand with our practice tests. Find the right way to improve with our strategy sessions.
Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
ISB Hyderabad – Indian School of Business Hyderabad, founded in 2001, is well-known for its outstanding faculty, international exposure, and innovative programmes. According to the Financial Times Executive Education Rankings 2022, ISB Hyderabad is ranked first in India and 44th globally. ISB also has a campus in Mohali that uses the same admissions and placement process. ISB GMAT cut-off for admission 2023 ranges from 710-740.
ISB PGP Round 2 interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place between December 20, 2022 and February 10, 2023. PGP Round 2 results will be announced on February 15, 2023.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline is required.
- As of March 31 of that year, the candidate must have at least 24 months of full-time post-qualification work experience.
- GMAT/GRE score that is valid
- GMAT (TOEFL / IELTS / PTE score required only if English was not the language of instruction at the undergraduate level)
- A candidate goes through two stages before being accepted into the MBA programme.
- The GMAT/GRE exam is required of all candidates. Candidates are chosen based on their exam performance.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to a Personal Interview. The selected candidates are offered a seat at ISB based on their performance in the interview.
S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR) was founded in Mumbai in 1981. SP Jain, which was inaugurated by then-British Prime Minister Hon’ble Margret Thatcher, quickly rose to become one of India’s top ten business schools by 1994-95. SPJIMR is a 45-acre sprawling campus in Mumbai’s western suburbs of Andheri. SPJIMR is a self-contained management institute that offers a variety of short and long-term programmes.
- Graduates from any discipline (minimum three-year degree) are eligible to apply as long as they have a minimum of 60%.
- To be eligible, candidates must have a minimum score in one of the MBA entrance exams, namely the GMAT [minimum 550], GRE [minimum 300], or CAT [minimum 80 percentile]. Candidates who take any of these Entrance Exams may apply as deferred admission candidates if their scores are submitted to the GMP office by the 15th of December 2019.
- A candidate may also provide their CA/CS/ICWA scores, which are an aggregate of intermediate or final percentage marks.
- A minimum of two years’ experience is required to join ESB, and a minimum of three years’ experience is required for admission to the MBA programmes at IESEG, NBU, and EBS.
- Selected candidates will go through two rounds of interviews before a decision is made on their candidature.
- The first interview will be with SPIJMR Mumbai, followed by a round of interviews with the selected US Partner B-School.
- The applications are evaluated by US business schools, which can offer merit-based scholarships of up to 100%.
XLRI – Xavier School of Management was founded in 1949 in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute. XLRI is a Jesuit-managed school that is not only India’s oldest business school, but also one of the world’s oldest. In 1949, XLRI began by offering management and trade union courses.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline from a university or a Deemed University are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with three or more years of relevant work experience will be given preference.
- The first step is to take the XAT or GMAT exam.
- A candidate is called for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview after passing the required cut-offs (GDPI)
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi/NCR that Accept GMAT Score
GMAT scores are acceptable for both one year and two year MBA programs. On average, the admission score requirement ranges from 650 to 750. The validity of the GMAT score while applying should not be more than two years old.
However, the GMAT score alone is never enough to guarantee an admission. Along with the GMAT scores, essays, recommendations received, past academic records, work experience, and final interview performance collectively help the committee decide on an application.
With top MBA colleges in Delhi/NCR and in other cities in India accepting GMAT scores for their popular MBA programs, it has become a beacon of hope for those who are not able to make it to international universities. It has also become easier for foreign students willing to apply to the best MBA colleges in Delhi NCR.
FORE School of Management – FSM
Foundation for Organisational Research & Education is one of the best MBA colleges in Delhi/NCR. It offers 2-years full-time PGDM, PGDM-IB (International Business), PGDM-FM (Financial Management), 15 months full-time executive PGDM and full-time Fellow Program in Management under 9 areas of specialization, where GMAT scores are accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the subjects studied at a recognized university. Students appearing for their final year examination can also apply.
- Admission to the courses is based on CAT/XAT/GMAT along with the interview.
- Short-listing is done on the basis of CAT/XAT/GMAT Score.
- Written Ability Test (WAT), Business Awareness Quiz (BA-Q), Extempore and
- Personal Interview (PI).
- The final selection on the basis of CAT/XAT/GMAT score, performance in the WAT/BA-Q/Extempore/PI, academic performance and work experience.
- Some selection criteria may be added/removed as considered appropriate by the Institute.
IMT Ghaziabad – Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad (IMTG), founded in 1980, is a premium business school in Delhi NCR. IMT Ghaziabad is well-known for its extensive alumni network, exchange programmes, and student-led clubs and committees. Aspirants prefer the college for its Sales and Marketing programmes. According to NIRF 2022, IMT Ghaziabad is ranked 44th in India. IIRF Ranking 2023 places IMT Ghaziabad sixth among private colleges.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA to be eligible for admission to IMT Ghaziabad in 2023.
- One of the most crucial aspects of IMT Ghaziabad admission Aside from a recognised graduate degree, the candidate must be registered for CAT 2022/XAT 2023 or GMAT (taken between January 1 2019 and February 28, 2023) and must score well to be eligible for admission.
- Admission to IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad is possible with a CMAT 2023 score.
- Candidates in their final year of a bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination, as well as those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results, are all eligible to apply for IMT Ghaziabad Admission 2023-25.
- A final year student who is provisionally considered eligible by IMT Ghaziabad and offered admission must submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor’s degree examination at a later date to IMT Ghaziabad.
- Following short-listing based on available scores, applicants will be invited to the final selection round at the designated centres.
- After the final admission round, the IMT Ghaziabad selection criteria give weight to the entrance exam score, academics, work experience, and PI round.
Work experience of less than six months will not be weighted. Furthermore, training/project work/work completed as part of a curricular requirement will not be considered.
- Merit and campus score cut offs will be used to select IMT campuses.
LBSIM – Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management
Established in 1995, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management has MBA programs under various categories and specializations. It has PGDM (General), PGDM (Finance), and PGDM (R & BA (Research & Business Analytics) and PGDM (L & SCM (Logistics & Supply Chain Management) programs.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks students appearing for their final year examination can also apply.
- All candidates are required to take the current year Common Admission Test (CAT) or should have a valid GMAT score applicable to the year of seeking admission.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for Group Discussion, Extempore, Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview.
- The weightage for final selection will be 60% for CAT/ current GMAT score and 40% for Group Discussion, Extempore and Personal Interview, past academic performance, and work experience.
ASM – Apeejay School of Management
Amongst the top MBA colleges in Delhi/NCR since 1993, Apeejay School of Management has been ranked 9th in North India by Times B-School Survey, 2019. It offers a two-year full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with a specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, International Business, Operation Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized Indian or foreign university.
- Candidates in their final year of the Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
- The Institute considers CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/ATMA scores for admission for the PGDM program.
- Candidates who qualify on various parameters (CAT/MAT etc. scores, graduation scores) will be called for Group Discussion, Personal Interview to be held at ASM Campus and possibly other cities in India (Punjab, U.P., etc.)
- Merit-based scholarship schemes are available to students based on meeting eligibility criteria and on first cum first-served basis.
IILM Institute for Higher Education
Ranked 14th amongst top B-Schools in India (Eduniversal B-School Rankings). Institute of Integrated Learning in Management, IILM offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management PGDM and PGDM-Ex. with a 4-week global study in Germany, Canada, Finland, France or Spain to provide its students a global exposure.
- Degree in any discipline from universities and institutions recognized by AICTE/ UGC/AIU (Students appearing in their final year can also apply) with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates can apply based on their CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/ATMA scores.
- Work experience, additional educational qualifications will get extra weight.
- Those who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the current year may also apply for admission to the Post Graduate program.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for personal interactions with faculty members.
- Basis the performance in the interview round and the scores of the tests taken earlier are made to qualifying candidates.
All major international universities and colleges follow the same principle for MBA admission. Apart from the generic requirements of application documents and visa letters, the student must submit his/her GMAT scores. To give you an idea about the GMAT scores, here is a list of GMAT accepting colleges in the world and the average GMAT cut-off that you expect, for admission into MBA programs.
Manya – The Princeton Review Advantage
Manya – The Princeton Review offers end-to-end study abroad services encompassing admissions consulting services, test preparation, English language training, career assessment, and international internship opportunities to study abroad aspirants. Founded in 2002, Manya holds an impeccable track record of enabling more than 4 lac students to accomplish their study abroad dreams through its network of 47+ centers across India.
Manya has formed long-lasting global alliances with several market leaders in the education industry in order to maximize the benefits of its large service portfolio. Their list of esteemed partners and affiliations includes – The Princeton Review (TPR), Cambridge University Press (CUP), Cogito Hub, British Council, Tuding to name a few. Manya has also forged 600+ partnerships with international universities across top study abroad destinations.
Book your Free Counselling Session now!
What is the minimum GMAT score required for IIM?
For admission to the business and management flagship programs, all prestigious institutes typically set a GMAT cutoff score of 600-750. For the past few years, the GMAT cutoff score for IIMs has been higher than 700.
Does IIM Ahmedabad accept GMAT scores?
Yes, you can use your GMAT scores to apply to the one-year MBA program taught at the IIMs. However, whether you are a resident or a non-resident with an Indian passport, you must submit your CAT scores when applying to the two-year PGP course.
What GMAT score is required for IIM?
The GMAT score range is 200 to 800, with the average GMAT score falling somewhere between 500 and 550. Because IIM Bangalore is a top management institute, the GMAT score for IIM Bangalore can range from 650 to 700+.
Do all IIMs accept the GMAT?
The GMAT Score is accepted by 7 IIMs, including the top IIMs of IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, and IIM Calcutta.
Can I get a 700+ on my first GMAT attempt?
It is not impossible to achieve a GMAT score of 700 or higher. To prepare for a computer adaptive test like the GMAT, all you need is consistency, determination, and the right resources.