Every year students across the world apply to plan their study in the USA and because of its structured undergraduate and graduate degree courses, it is the among the most popular study abroad destinations.
Here are some tips to help you plan your study abroad:
The USA has some of the most prestigious universities offering Ph.D. programs. Pursuing a Ph.D. program demands years of dedication and passionate research about the subject. You need to find out more about the professor’s expertise, experience and reputation, and research papers they have published
Let us look at some points to get the information right:
- Two years ago, the median age for Ph.D. completion was 31.6 years. 94% of students in the age group of 21-30 managed to secure funding.
- As per the WES (World Education Services), it would easily take around 5-6 years to complete a Ph.D. in the USA. However, there are cases where the Ph.D. duration has gone up to eight to ten years as well.
- In USA, you can apply immediately after completing your undergraduate degree. There is a perception that a Ph.D. has to follow a master’s degree, but it is not the case in the USA.
- You need to have a minimum of 16 years of education to apply for a Ph.D. in the USA. For 15 years of education, they need to complete their master’s to be able to apply.
- You need to have a competitive GRE score to apply for most of the Ph.D. programs. However, you can apply with the GMAT/GRE score if you are applying to B-Schools.
- According to Glassdoor, the average stipend given to a Ph.D. student in the US is $30,600.
- In the USA, you can apply for a Ph.D. immediately after completing an undergraduate course, whereas a master’s degree is compulsory pre-requirement in Canada & Europe.
- The Ph.D. duration in the US is much longer, the average is being around 5-6 years or may go beyond that, whereas in the UK & Europe the average is 3-4 years, and in Canada, it usually takes between 4-6 years.
- If you are a student studying in the USA, you will have a better chance of procuring a fully-funded program. The average R&D expenditure in the US was around $553 billion in 2018.
- When you apply to a doctoral program in the US, you need to present a research proposal, the initial years are used to complete the coursework and the thesis topic may be decided later in the second or the third year.
Once you complete your education in the USA, you will have a globally recognized degree that can help you get into the top-notch organizations. An American degree demonstrates that you have gone through a rigorous study plan and are skilled to deal with the challenges of the industry you are working with.
Also, do remember to share with your friends and family if you found this useful. And if you have queries like, “Which is the best consultancy to get advice to study abroad”, visit Manya-The Princeton Review.
(Visited 284 times, 1 visits today) Book your Free Counselling Session now!