The International English Language Testing System is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication and instruction. It covers four basic language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. IELTS is managed by three reputable, international organizations - British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL). IELTS is a compulsory exam for admission into universities and training programs in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Did you know that it has become a must for those of you who wish to get a student visa to Australia? The tests are administered at centers throughout the world. Internationally, universities, professional bodies, government agencies and immigration authorities of countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Australia recognize the tests.
- IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
- It is eligible for students:
- Students who are applying to study in UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and US.
- Medical professionals planning to work or follow further study in the UK, Australia or US.
- People planning to emigrate to Canada, Australia or New Zealand.