About ACT Test
The ACT is standardized test that admission officers use to compare applicants from different schools and different states. The ACT comprises four subject area tests – English, Math, Reading, and Science. The ACT with writing includes an additional 40-minute Writing test. ACT scores are accepted by all the colleges in the US for undergraduate admissions. Here's a brief overview of the test.
ACT Quick Facts
- Frequency: 4-6 times depending on the state and country
- Subject Area Test: English, Math, Reading, Science. ACT Plus Writing includes an optional Essay.
- Duration: 2 hours 55 minutes; 3 hours 35 minutes including essay
- ACT fees (in India): $79.50 inclusive of $40 International Fee
- ACT Plus writing fees (in India): $96.50 inclusive of $40 International Fee
- Max Score: 36
- Avg Score: 21
Composite score is the average of the four subject area test scores while the Essay scores are reported separately.
To know about the differences between ACT and SAT, click here .
Please get in touch with us. Click on Enquire Now tab and fill in the form if you wish to be contacted about ACT preparation courses.
ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc., which is not affiliated with The Princeton Review.