University Of South CarolinaMy Admission Counselor Megha Saxena is one of my best well wisher who cared more about my career. She had been Supportive and Encouraging throughout the process and provided lots of information in making a better choice. The ACS process is beneficiary and I am glad I have taken it.
My experience so far with ACS has been very satisfactory. I have received quick and thorough response to all my queries both from my Admissions Counselor and Editor. I have received invaluable inputs from my Editor regarding my admission essays which were appreciated by the admissions
I am Prakash Perumal, who has the dream to study in United States of America, but I have no idea about the process then one of friend referred Manya group and their Admission counseling services (ACS). Here’s my first step towards my dream, I and my father headed to
I cannot describe in words the way you have helped me throughout my admission process. The way you have answered even the silliest of my queries, it has been great and I find myself very fortunate to have a great counselor like you. Specially,the way you trained me for the visa interview, helping me minimize my stammering and providing me with the
I started my applications in October not knowing how to go about it till I decided to take professional help from Princeton Review. Ankuna was assigned my counselor. Over the last 6 months, she has been my guiding star and together with my editor (Anju) has been the reason for the acceptance ,....
It is indeed a proud moment for me to inform The Princeton Review team that I have successfully secured admits for Masters in Management from Hautes Études Commerciales, commonly referred to as HEC, Paris and ESCP Paris. These schools have been globally recognized as the best destination for Masters in Management program. They have also been ....
paid for their service on the same day.
Amongst the various reasons why an MBA degree from a reputed B school of the World makes a difference there are 2 which clearly stand out:
• The impact this degree has on your earning potential .
• The learning that you acquire from these courses is useful while the brand name of the B school stays with you
So when is the right time to do an MBA?.
Both fresh graduates and working professionals can apply for an MBA abroad. The right time to pursue the same is given below:
For Fresh Graduates: Click on the “No work experience” section visible on the right side of the page
For Working Professionals: Read More >>
The phrase "IDEAL MBA PROFILE" is a myth.
• There is no such particular profile which can be termed as an Ideal MBA Profile.
• The ideal MBA profile can be any profile as long as it has a uniqueness & diversity factor in it.
• Every profile is unique in itself in terms of an aspirant's motivation to do an MBA, personality traits, accomplishments, international exposure (if any) interests, hobbies/extra-curricular/community service engagement and career aspirations (short & long-term goals).
• The main focus is on awareness of an aspirant about his own interests, likes and dislikes, his aspirations and how he fits into a B-school with these. Also, importance is given to the initiatives taken by an aspirant to nurture his uniqueness by taking his interests, hobbies to a more serious and professional level.
5 important tips on how to select a B-School:
1. Peer group/Class profile/School fit
a) Go through a B-school's class profile/statistics, previous industries of placed students, interschool communities and student bodies.
b) Interact with present students and alumni to get a feel of the school and ascertain whether you are compatible with the school's ideology/environment.
2. Curriculum, study methodology, faculty
a) a) Read about the kind of curriculum, study methodology and faculty at B-school since not all students can survive in a 100% case study based learning environment..
|Location||Rankings||Focus Area and Placements|
|Pay good attention to the location, whether the campus is in a bustling city or in a rural setting. The location makes a lot of difference.||You shouldn't decide a school based on rankings alone, but it can be a useful tool when comparing MBA programs offered by different B-Schools.||How well the school is ranked for the focus area the student is interested in, e.g. Finance, Marketing etc is of utmost importance since the internship and placement opportunities offered by a B-school to its students is generally governed by the specialization chosen by a student.|
Remember, in your MBA essays and LORs, you need to focus absolutely on yourself, and not on anybody else. The purpose of submitting MBA essays and LORs to a B-school is to introduce you to the admissions committee. Hence you need to highlight what is special and unique about you as an applicant through your essays. Your essays can make or break your chances of getting admission in your desired university.
Here are some tips on how to keep the focus on YOU:
1. Don't put the focus on your family, boss, and colleagues/peers, team or department
2. Don't make generalised statements about your life or people influencing you.
3. Don't just focus on your profession. Highlight your interests, skills, talents and activities.
4. Don't share trivial facts about YOU in your application. Talk about things which will show you in the most positive light majorly focusing on the following aspects:
• Team skills
• Diversity in education/occupation
• Career progression
• International exposure
• ECA/Community work
• Professional and personal achievements
• Time management and deadline orientation
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic business understanding
• Decision making
• Presentation skills
• Analytical skills
Importance of Work Experience:
- This is the most crucial admissions criteria for an MBA applicant - Without work experience, the chances of admission to a top/good business school are very poor - Work experience gives tangible evidence of real-world experience
How is work experience evaluated?
- Factors such as extent of responsibility & authority, level of client interaction, international exposure, number of teams handled, variety of projects handled, amount of budget handled are assessed - Diversity in work profile is also an important factor considered for B-school admission
Minimum Work Experience Needed
- Minimum 2 years' work experience needed in US-based B-schools & 3 years in UK-based B-Schools - The chances of admission are extremely limited for candidates with less or no work experience - On an average, business school students have about five years of experience - Applicants with less than 2-3 years' work experience can opt for Young Leaders Program (YLP) - Applicants in their pre-final year of undergraduate course can apply for 2+2 program
Universities shortlist MBA applicants for an interview, based on their application, The idea behind having an interview is to meet/interview the person behind the essays, LORs and resume. It simply means to assess the candidate further to identify whether he or she can be admitted to the university/B-school. As an MBA applicant, during the interview, it is very important for you to be in accordance with what you have mentioned in your MBA application. The admission commission should get an understanding that the aspirant's application and his projected impression during the interview is the same. Therefore, it is crucial for you to be completely thorough with your MBA application before appearing for the interview.
Cost of MBA Education in Countries Abroad
Universities conduct interviews for MBA applicants. The idea behind having an interview is to meet/interview the person behind the essays, LORs and resume. It simply means to assess the candidate further to identify whether he or she can be admitted to the university/B-school
As an MBA applicant, during the interview, it is very important for you to be in sync with what you have mentioned in your MBA application. The admission commission should get to know that the aspirant's application and what he projected during the interview is the same. Therefore, it is crucial for you to be completely thorough with your MBA application before appearing for the interview.
|25-35 lacs per annum||20-30 lacs
Types of Funding Options for an MBA aspirant:
PERSONAL - what all funds can be shown in personal funds?
SCHOLARSHIPS/FINANCIAL AID – Merit Based/Need-Based Scholarships, Tuition Waiver, Fellowships
LOANS- bank loans and international loans
The sources of funding which can be shown at the time of visa are:
1. Education loan
2. Saving account balance
3. Any property in the name of the student or the sponsor
4. Provident Fund
6. Fixed Deposits
7. Post Office Deposits
8. Jewellery (subject to evaluation)